"Getaway" has been loved and enjoyed by her present for over 40 years. He single-handed her everywhere and has tried to upgrade her as time went on. Her interior cushions and fabric have been re-done 3 times and now are a comfortable dark green corduroy redone 5 years ago. Electronics at the helm have also been upgraded. She is a roomy, comfortably cruising boat and a well known Charlie Morgan design.
"Getaway" has been loved and enjoyed by her present for over 40 years. He single-handed her everywhere and has tried to upgrade her as time went on. Her interior cushions and fabric have been re-done 3 times and now are a comfortable dark green corduroy redone 5 years ago. Electronics at the helm have also been upgraded. She is a roomy, comfortably cruising boat and a well known Charlie Morgan design. We have reduced her price for a quick sale and are looking to sell her "Where is as is". We did go to survey and some items were found that I would be happy to explain to anyone who is interested. She is in need of exterior cosmetic work on her starboard rub rail, the cockpit sole is soft but the decks are all solid. Her engine started the first time this year on a cold day but it was noted that many of her hoses need replacing so some work is needed but all in all this is a lot of boat for the money.Accommodations
- Wonderful, comfortable cruising interior for a family or couple with children. The guest cabin is forward with single berths port and starboard. The starboard bunk is higher than the port bunk, great for having ones own berth rather than sharing a V-berth. The starboard berth has drawers as well as a large locker underneath and the port berth has a shelf outboard. Large head aft to starboard with huge hanging locker opposite.
- Next is the Main Salon; Here she has a large L-shaped dinette with table to starboard, Pilot berth outboard or can also be used for additional storage. To port is a straight settee also with pilot berth outboard or shelf for storage. There is no lack for storage space on this boat, behind the seat backs and under the pilot berths is more storage. Her teak and holly sole and teak cabinetry adds to her warmth below. Opening ports outboard offer excellent ventilation as well as light. Aft of the dinette is the L-shaped galley with a navigation station opposite to port along with the walk-thru to the Master Cabin aft.
- In the walk-thru to the Master Cabin is the access to the engine compartment. Bi-fold door opens up making access a dream on this boat. Moving aft is a large hanging locker as you enter the aft cabin. Here there is a private companionway to the cockpit, large athwartships berth and full private head. Storage draws beneath the berth and shalving outboard. Multiple opening ports and overhead hatch offer excellent ventilation. There are aslo 2 ports in the aft bulkhead for additional light.
- Center companionway steps in the salon lead to her large and deep cockpit. Visability from the helm is excellent. She has nice wide side decks making access to the foredeck easy.
GalleyShe has a nice working galley with all the amenities.
- Double stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water
- Large Ice Box
- 3 burner stove with oven (Never used)
- Custom dish racks
- Cabinets for storage
- Drawers outboard
- Hanging glass holder
- Spice racks
- Tile counter tops
- Hooks for mugs
Sails and riggingsKetch rigged with aluminum masts. The main mast is stepped on the keel. Wire standing rigging and single aluminum spreaders.
- Profurl roller furling for the headsail
- Traditional main
- Traditional mizzen
- Canvas sail covers for main and mizzen
- Autohelm 7000 system
- Autohelm Depth
- Autohelm Speed
- Autohelm Auto Pilot
- Autohelm wind direction
- 2019 Garmin Map 4208 Chartplotter
- Am/fm/cd stereo
- Uniden VHF
- Ratheon Radar (not sure if it works)
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpit with side stanchions and double life lines
- Gates both port and starboard
- Stainless steel dinghy davits
- West Marine Hard bottom inflatable dinghy
- Outboard engine for dinghy
- Anchor roller
- Plow anchor with stainless steel chain
- 2020 Lofrans manual windlass
- Aluminum Toe rail
- teak hand rails
- Danforth anchor with chain and rode
- Dock lines
- Transmission was replaced 10 years ago
- Stainless steel water tanks replaced 20 years ago
- Stove was replaced 7 years ago and never used
- Dinghy is aprox 5 years old
- New Battery charge 2022
- Batteries replaced 2 years ago - 4 house batteries and 1 engine start battery
- Refrigerator compressor replaced 2 years ago
- Stern barring replaced
- Replaced ports
- Replaced main mast base plate
- Replaced faucets in both baths
- Bottom done in September 2022
DisclaimerThe Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.Additional Units Included