1988 80' Custom Maxi Decision Shipyard "merit"
MERIT, a Maxi 80' Farr-designed Whitbread Yacht is for sale.
A once in a lifetime opportunity to sail and race a legend.
Materials: Carbon and aramid fibers, honeycomb, PVC foam
Technology: Wet layup on the male plug
She has just completed a four-year refit and is ready for the Ocean Global Race or Newport Bermuda! New rod rigging, chain plates, bottom, hull, and topside paint. New or re-certified safety gear including three life rafts. All she needs are new sails to set her free.
She finished third in the 1989/1990 Whitbread as a Sloop. The first two overall that year with the winds were Ketches. She was re-figured by Farr as a Ketch and she flies.
- Single Side Band
- Two Furuno GPS Navigator
- Furuno Radar
- GEONAV Color II
- B&G Vulcan 7
- Duel on deck pods including off course indicator, wind direction, GPS slaved
- Three eight man life rafts re-certified June 2023
- New Lifesling
- New six offshore life jackets w. lights and whistle
- New six ARC location beacons
- New Orion overboard beacon
- New Orion locate package including flairs and gun.
- New High end stainless rod rigging installed June 2022
- New chain plates custom made installed June 2022