The Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 is an express cruiser that owners typically ordered in the optional flybridge version. The boat doubles as a cruiser for family and friends or a practical sportsfisher. It offers the most spacious and roomy interior of any boat in its class. The large cockpit has teak flooring, an aft bench seat and a transom door to a bathing or fishing platform. There is ample accommodation with five berths in two cabins plus a saloon. The Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 offers a versatile, reliable choice in the second-hand market.
Who and what was this boat designed for?
The Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 is a motor cruiser designed for family recreational sailing or leisure fishing, with room to fish from the rear cockpit. It offers excellent fuel capacity for longer distance cruising with a good combination of comfortable accommodation and practical design. A single diesel gives economical cruising at 15 knots, and a bow thruster makes for easy parking.
What commentators say about this boat?
A beautiful, speedy and reassuringly stable recreational boat, combining a spacious and comfortable interior with considerable self-sufficiency over long distances.
Awarded the 'Highly Commended' accolade in Motor Boats Monthly after its initial launch. Low fuel consumption, good seaworthiness and good protection inside.
Smooth and quiet. Engine noise is pretty nice, like a good car
Very good visibility and comfort for long trips.
The Merry Fisher 925 was manufactured between 2004 and 2009.
- It was available with or without a flybridge
- It was available with single or twin engines
- Length overall: 32ft 1in (9.78m)
- Beam overall: 10ft 4in (3.16m)
- Draft: 2ft 9in (0.85m)
- Weight: 4.96 tons (4500kg)
- Fuel capacity: 88 gallons/105 US gallons (400 litres)
- Water capacity: 33 gallons/40 US gallons (150 litres)
- Maximum horsepower: 260hp
What’s great about the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925?
- Sophisticated "V"-shaped semi-planning hull.
- Anti-grounding propeller protection.
- Helmsman's seating convertible into saloon seating.
- Flybridge with sunbathing platform or double helm station (optional).
- Large capacity stowage beneath the cockpit.
- Generous "U"-shaped saloon with double bunk space.
- Long galley with space for microwave and fridge.
- Helm station and double navigation bench seat that tilts towards saloon.
- Extensive natural lighting and ventilation in all living areas.
- Hot water as standard.
- Heads with integral shower.
- Forward double bed, hanging space, stowage area.
- Second single cabin.
- Easily accessible, well sound-proofed engine compartment.
What to look out for on a pre-owned Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925?
If you’re buying a used Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925, engineers and owners have reported some things to watch out for and potential faults that might occur on this boat from time to time.
- The anchor locker drain can become easily blocked.
- Access to float switch for the bilge pump under the stern gland is difficult.
- Flybridge instruments can suffer from dampness.
- The flybridge drain can become easily blocked.
- Steering changeover valve in cockpit locker can be accidentally moved into a position where you may lose steering.
Keeping your Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 in shape
When buying a used Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925, regular scheduled servicing and attention to some minor points will keep your craft in top condition.
Carry out regular engine and gearbox servicing in line with the manufacturer’s recommended intervals.
Check anodes and bonding wires regularly for wear.
Lift and inspect underwater equipment annually.
Laying up for winter should be as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
The Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 is not known for needing specific repairs more frequently than other boats.
Why buy a pre-owned Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925?
This award-winning boat is a practical, reliable cruiser that offers comfortable accommodation for family sailing or a fishing expedition. If you’re looking for a versatile second-hand cruiser that is economical to run, the Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 should be on your list.
Get this Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 Express Cruiser Online on Rightboat.com
Related Articles and Guides
25th Sep 2023
18th Sep 2023
10th Sep 2023