- Croatian law stipulates charterers from the UK that have completed the RYA powerboat level 2 course and have an ICC or International Certificate of competence, which is available to anyone who passes their level 2, can charter a motor boat up to 30GT. Essentially their regulations are set on weight not length of vessel, meaning you can charter a small fly bridge cruiser such as this Beneteau Antares 30 Flybridge cruiser for less for £2,000 a week!
- Another option that would comfortably suit two couples or four friends across two double cabins would be this brilliant Jeanneau NC 33.
- Charterers from the US would require either an ASA ‘Bareboat chartering license’ a USSA ‘Basic cruising license’ or a USSA ‘Basic cruising license’ to operate boats up to 30GT, including these three cabin Merry fisher 1095 complete with dual 300HP Yamaha’s and a bow thruster for easy manoeuvrability.
- If you hold any type of sailing or motor yacht certification from your home nation, we will be able to advise you on what type of boat / yacht you can charter by yourself in your chosen destination, as always if you’d prefer we can place a qualified skipper aboard.
- We are finding It is becoming more popular nowadays for experienced skippers who are taking their families to hire a skipper so they can relax and have complete piece of mind for their week, as well as getting involved to satisfy their need to feel the wind in their sails! Skippers typically range from €150 - €180 per day, they will almost always need to be included in your provisions and daily meals unless otherwise stated.
Like this article? Share it with others! Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email
Related Articles and Guides
25th May 2022
The Best Mediterranean Superyacht Itineraries: Part 1
Whether it’s getting-off-the-beaten path and discovering isolated beaches and remote coves, being in the thick o...
31st Mar 2022
Why Superyacht Charters with Kids are the Perfect Family Holiday
We often think of superyacht charters as a holiday for adults. The glitz and glam, the luxury surroundings, and ...
20th Oct 2021
Yacht Charters Vs Cruises: Which is Best?
A holiday at sea is one of the most rewarding and relaxing ways to unwind. Take a look at yachts versus cruise s...
12th May 2021
How Much Does it Cost to Charter a Boat
Chartering a boat is a dream holiday. Whether you choose a bareboat sailing vacation, a crewed catamaran or a lu...