Azimut 43 Review
The Azimut 43 offers two-cabin accommodation in a flybridge cruiser from a manufacturer renowned for style and performance. The boat offers space and comfort within sleek, modern lines. The main cabin features a double bed with ensuite, while the second cabin offers twin or double accommodation with ensuite. There is a spacious saloon and a flybridge that is one of the largest in its class with comfortable seating for eight people. If you’re looking for a stylish cruiser that offers the spaciousness of a much larger boat, the Azimut 43 makes a great choice.
Who and what was this boat designed for?
The Azimut 43 is ideal for party cruising or family weekends away. Twin Cummins MerCruiser engines give the boat good range and performance for coastal cruising, and a sea-kindly hull makes the boat safe and easy to maneuver.
What commentators say about this boat
The 43 is the flybridge range yacht that offers all the space and comfort of the bigger models without sacrificing anything of the range’s distinctively sleek and modern lines.
The living space is full of contemporary appeal with pale woods and cream coloured fabrics tastefully contrasting with dark leather.
The owner's stateroom has outstanding stowage capacity for a 43-footer as well as a comfortable queen-size berth.
The 43 has the kind of room you’d expect in a boat three or four feet longer.
Azimut flybridge models go from strength to strength – the sea-kindly hull shapes ensure safety, comfort, great maneuverability and performance.
- Length overall: 42ft 4in (12.9m)
- Beam: 14ft 2in (4.32m)
- Draft: 4ft 2in (1.27m)
- Weight: 15.2 tons (13,789 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 290 gallons (348 US gallons) (1318 litres)
- Water capacity: 132 gallons (158 US gallons) (600 litres)
- Engines: Twin 375-bhp Cummins MerCruiser QSB 5.9 in-line-6 diesel inboards.
What’s great about the Azimut 43
- Italian styling and design
- Many features expected on a bigger boat, including a huge flybridge lounge
- Spacious twin-cabin accommodation
- Good access for maintenance
What to look out for on a pre-owned Azimut 43
If you're buying a used Azimut 43, our engineers and owners have reported some things to watch out for and potential faults that might occur on this boat from time to time.
- There isn't much headroom in the lower helm or in the guest cabin.
- At 2'4" apart the Tachometers are too far apart at both stations.
- Anchor locker hatch bangs against top of windlass.
The Azimut 43 is not known for needing specific repairs more frequently than other boats.
Why buy a pre-owned Azimut 43?
A secondhand Azimut 43 makes an ideal choice if you want a spacious flybridge cruiser that offers great coastal cruising performance with contemporary Italian style.
Get this Azimut 43 Flybridge Cruiser Online on Rightboat.com
Related Articles and Guides
3rd Oct 2019
1st Dec 2015
1st Dec 2015