- 17 m
- 4.3 m
- Tax Status
- Tax Paid
- Hull Material
- Engine Make
- Boat Type
- Engine Count
- RB Ref
- United Kingdom
- Network Yacht Brokers
- Broker Office
- Contact Name
- Rob Woodward
- 01803 834864
Get an instant finance quote for this boat - click here
About this Philip 50
Philips 50 motor yacht designed and built for Sir George White Bt. by Philip and Sons Ltd of Dartmouth in 1963. Built to Lloyds 100A1 classification.
White Mouse II was the second of 6 boats built to this design, some differing slightly in their construction methods and deck layouts.
Purchased by the current owner in 2009, she was returned to her home port of Dartmouth where she has been based ever since. A series of significant refits have been undertaken, most recently by Silvers Marine in 2019/2020, along with more general and diligent annual maintenance by a team of skilled local tradespersons. This yacht has been exceptionally well cared for during the last 12 years and is now a shining example of British naval architecture and boat building from her period.
With 6 berths in 3 cabins, including 2 large doubles, plus 2 extra singles in the wheelhouse, she has a very spacious and comfortable interior. The current interior layout and joinery was fitted in the early 1990’s during a major refit by the previous owner and is a modern yet sympathetic upgrade from her original layout, much more suited to modern cruising and the way motor yachts are used today.
A very comfortable, elegant and sophisticated motor yacht in nice condition with a well documented history of maintenance and refit in recent years.
Condition surveys from 2017 and 2019 with full records of work done after those reports.
For more information and articles please visit; on the vessel assumed to have been paid - to be verified.
8 berths in total including double owners cabin aft, double guest cabin forward, twin cabin and seat in wheelhouse converts to 2 single bunks.
- Large wheelhouse with pneumatic helm seat that can be raised and lowered as required.
- Large settee at aft end of wheelhouse with Pullman back to create 2 berths.
- Table can be fitted in place to give comfortable seating for 7/8 people.
- Starboard side steps going aft with large owners cabin across the full breadth of the hull.
- Large double berth with vast storage space in lockers either side under side decks.
- Ensuite heads compartment, shared with twin cabin, has a vacuum sea toilet which discharges directly overboard.
- Hand basin and full height shower with pressurised hot and cold water.
- Twin guest cabin to port with 2 large single berths with comfortable custom made mattresses.
- Door giving access to en-suite heads compartment.
- Starboard side steps down from wheelhouse into main saloon with comfortable L-shaped seating to port around a dropleaf saloon table. Great visibility and light from large saloon windows.
- Joinery along starboard side with various storage lockers including elegant drinks cabinet.
- Central steps down to the galley which is largely open to the saloon making for a sociable atmosphere.
- Galley has a Zanussi 4 ring electric hob top with stainless fiddle rails. Panasonic inverter oven/microwave.
- Built in 24 volt Frigoboat fridge.
- Single deep stainless sink with pressurised hot and cold water.
- Large custom quartz worktop with vast amount of storage space in and around the galley.
Starboard side heads compartment with vacuum sea toilet that discharges directly overboard.
- Hand basin and full height shower with hot and cold pressurised water.
- Centreline door into large forward cabin with a double berth and many storage lockers.
- Door into the shared heads compartment.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Suunto steering compass
- Raymarine Tridata ST60 speed/depth/log
- Raymarine ST60 Wind indicator
- Raymarine ST60 electronic compass
- Raymarine Ray54E DSC VHF
- 2 x ICOM handheld VHF radios
- ICOM IC-M500D VHF
- Furuno Navtex NX-300
- Furuno GP-32 GPS
- Furuno FR8000DA Series radar with open array scanner
- Raymarine HybridTouch E127 chart plotter
- Raymarine autopilot ST7000
- Clock and Barometer
- Lokata 406Mhz EPIRB
- Kahlenberg Air horn with auto fog warning
- 2 x Roof mounted Francis FR280C search lights
- 3 x Wynns windscreen wipers
- Seago 6 person life raft
- Horse shoe lifebuoy with light
- 2 x fire extinguishers
- 2 x fire blankets
- Side boarding ladder
- Aft bathing platform with swim ladder
- Stainless steel crane with electric winch for dinghy
- Inflatable dinghy
- Honda 2.3hp 4 stroke outboard engine
- Various shore power leads
- Mooring warps including cruising lines, winter lines and trot mooring lines.
- Varnished teak deck boxes
- Ensign and staff
- Hot and cold pressurised shower in transom to be used on bathing platform
- Various items of deck including brushes, buckets and boat hooks
Anchor and mooring
- 60lb CQR anchor
- Simpson Lawrence Sprint 24volt anchor windlass
- CQR kedge anchor with warp and chain
- Zanussi electric 4 ring hob top
- Stainless fiddle rails for hob top
- Panasonic combi inverter microwave oven
- Electric coffee machine
- Built in 24 volt fridge
- Freezer in place but not used in current ownership
- Electric kettle
- Galley equipment, crockery and cutlery
- Crystal set, 8 x wine, champagne, tumblers and brandy glasses. 4 x decanters
- Coquet 8 place Limoges dinner service and flatware
- Eberspacher diesel fired hot air cabin heating system, 4.8KW
- Spare pair of propellers
- Separate battery monitors for each bank
Planked in mahogany with a layer of diagonal planking overlaid with a single skin of traditional fore and aft planking. Between the layers is Kalico and white lead as was common for this type of construction commonly used for RNLI lifeboats of this period.
- Total hull thickness is 40mm, just over 1.5”.
- The 2 skins are fastened through with copper rivets, stiffened by 2” x 2” steamed Canadian Rock Elm timbers at 12” centres.
- Fore and aft stringers are fastened with large copper rivets for added stiffness.
- Major hull refit in 2019 including complete strip back to bare wood and repair of hull planking in various places as required.
- Semi swept solid teak deck with varnished teak cover boards. Secret nail fastened. Deck re-caulked and payed in 2010.
- Low bulwark all round on wooden stanchions with a varnished teak capping rail.
- Painted galvanised stanchions with varnished teak capping.
- Original varnished teak skylight, hatch and deck boxes on the foredeck.
- Chromed bronze fairleads and bollard cleats.
- Varnished teak coachroof coamings and wheelhouse with chrome framed windows and portlights.
- Varnished teak sliding doors either side of the wheelhouse
- Fore and aft coachroof decks laid in scrubbed teak over a marine plywood subdeck.
- Twin Perkins 6.354 6cyl 105hp naturally aspirated diesel engines installed new in 1963.
- Professionally maintained on a regular basis in present ownership.
- Borg Warner Velvet Drive hydraulic gearboxes with stainless shafts to fixed 3 blade bronze propellers.
- 8 knots cruising speed
- Hydraulic steering with twin bronze rudders.
- Onan 14kva installed diesel generator with separate start batteries.
- 2 x 12 volt battery bank for port engine 24 volt starting, 220ah.
- 4 x 12 volt batteries producing 24 volts for starboard engine starting and domestics, total 440ah
- 2 x 12 volt batteries producing 12 volts, total of 240ah
- 2 x 12 volt batteries for generator starting, total 170ah
- Victron Skylla 24 volt 75amp battery charger. Victron Atlas 1200 watt inverter.
- 800 gallons of diesel in 2 steel tanks under the saloon sole.
- Fuel filtration systems with flow meters.
- Pair of Vosper Thornycroft Naiad stabilisers.
- 400 gallons of fresh water in galvanised steel tanks.
|Engine Horse Power||105|