- 11 m
- 3.5 m
- Tax Status
- Tax Paid
- Draft Max
- 0.9 m
- Hull Material
- Engine Make
- Boat Type
- Engine Model
- RB Ref
- Engine Count
- Near Marseille
About this Swordsman 37 Aft Cabin
This well maintained Alan Burnard designed Swordsman 37 GRP aft cabin motor cruiser is powered by twin Commins 370Hp engines and sleeps six in two cabins and saloon.
She benefits from Flexiteak decks, Mikuni diesel fired heating, Tec Tank fuel and water tanks, electric / fresh water forward head with holding tanks to each head, EPIRB, liferaft, unused tender, new spray hood and canopy (2015)
Part 1 British Registered for secure transfer of title.Accommodation
Classical accommodation layout by Fairey designer, Alan Bernard. Featuring many modern options which have been sympathetically included to maintain the perfect aesthetics of this reproduction classic.
The interior is finished to the highest of standards by craftsmen using wood throughout.
Teak interior joinery with teak and cherry flooring throughout. Teak interior joinery and teak trims on laminate work surfaces. High quality fabric vinyl headlining.
Aft Cabin with large 6’6” x 5’ double berth, hanging locker, lockers to port and starboard of berth, dressing table with storage, large opening window.
Aft Heads (ensuite) White acrylic hand basin with mixer tap and shower, shower pump, teak shower grating, flushing large bowl marine toilet, white laminate surfaces throughout, mirror, opening window.
Forward Cabin with spacious 6’6” vee berth with 4” cushions/twin berths and infill to create double berth, stowage under bunk, large hanging locker, dressing table with stowage, mirror, teak and holly floor, opening Lewmar hatch.
Saloon with Alcantara upholstery, spacious “U” settee converting to double berth, handmade teak dining table, folding to coffee table on adjustable pedestal, storage under settee, easy access bar, 240v and 12v electric panels, access panels in flooring, opening windows and Lewmar overhead hatch.
Forward Heads with white acrylic hand basin with mixer tap and shower, shower pump, teak shower grating, flushing large bowl marine toilet, white laminate surfaces throughout, mirror, lockers, towel rail. Galley with dual stainless steel sink with cover, hot and cold water mixer tap, white laminate working surface trimmed in teak, four burner cooker with grill and oven, 55 litre fridge with freezer compartment, drawers and lockers.
- Mikuni diesel fired heating
- Hot and cold pressurised water system in galley and heads
- New waste water holding tanks to both heads and can be discharged either through the forward waste discharge or through a pump-out pipe fitted in the side deck
- 12 volt water pumps and accumulator tank
- 8 gallon calorifier with 240v Immersion heater
- Additional fresh / filtered potable water tap in galley
- Electrical power points in cabins
- 240 volt electrical system
- Shore power with lead, RCD protected
- Distribution panel in saloon
- Teak glass holder
- Victron centaur charger 12V 80A (2102)
- Stereo Radio/CD plus four speakers
Teak companionway doors with clear sliding hatches, forward facing white upholstered Captain’s chairs which are reversible for in port socialising are mounted on cockpit lockers (one containing a large second fridge), two large aft cockpit seats with copious stowage under and teak laid tops
Hydraulically lifting cockpit floor for full access to engines (replaced 2019)
- Deep vee hull laminated with Isophthalic resin and foam core in topsides
- All bottom stringers, longitudinals and engine beds to original Lloyds specification as used in military hulled “Dagger”
- Hull to deck laminated together
- Three sets of spray rails for dry ride
- Easy open water and fuel deck fillers
- Port and starboard navigation lights
- Steaming light and anchor light
- Stainless steel ensign holder
- Large foredeck good for mooring and anchoring
- Gas locker with deck access
- Cockpit Floor Lighting
- 22lb Bruce anchor with 30 metre chain
- Electric anchor windlass and capstan
- Backup manual bilge pump
- Isophthalic resin and gel coats, end grain balsa reinforced for sound and insulation properties
- Hull Guard
- Custom made teak mast with signal halyards
- Custom made aluminium windshield
- Stainless steel pulpit
- Stainless steel boarding ladder, with teak treads
- 2.5” teak rubbing strake all round
- Teak handrails on cabin tops
- Six large stainless steel bollard cleats
- Six stainless steel fairleads
- Stainless steel anchor roller and stowage for anchor
- Self draining anchor locker with easy access and stowage for fenders
- Two Lewmar polished aluminium hatches
- Sunbrella Sprayhood and Cockpit canopy (New 2015)
- Navigation equipment equipment:
- New Simrad NX45 Nav Station / 12in Plotter (2010)
- Digital Yacht WL500 Hi-Power WiFi
- Raymarine Log and Depth (2014)
- Simrad Auto Pilot
- Simrad Broadband Radar (20 mile) (2010)
- Navicom RT-650 DSC AIS VHF with wireless remote and aerial (2010)
- Icom Handheld DSC VHF
The mast is hinged
The twin Cummins 5.9BTM3 engines benefit from refurbished turbo's (2015) and repaint (2012).
The engines are interfaced with 1.5 to 1 down angle gear boxes, 1.75” Met 25 shafts, shaft seals (new 2017), three blade bronze handed propellers (new 2014), bronze flush mounted “P” brackets, Raycor fuel filters, large clear top seawater strainers above water line, high quality engine room sound insulation and handed oil dipsticks.
- 3 x 12 volt service batteries (new 209)
- 2 x 12 volt engine start batteries (new 2019)
- 2 x 100 amp alternators (one new 2017)
- Battery master and link switches
- Distribution panel in main saloon
- Three bilge pumps
- Sockets in saloon and cockpit
- High quality lighting throughout
- Engine room fan
- 80 amp battery charger
- Navigation lights, Anchor light
- Dual lever throttle and shift control
- Audible alarms for all systems
- Six spoke wheel
- Hydraulic steering
- Tank Tender for fuel and water contents
- Switches for navigation lights, horn etc
- New prop shaft seals (2016)
Bosch Injectors and fuel pumps serviced + 12 injectors + cylinder fuel pumps fitted new in 2018.Safety And Seaworthiness
Safety is of paramount concern to all who go to sea. The Swordsman answers those safety factors in a number of ways.
The hull has a proven record for being 'sea kindly' and resilient. You will probably give up before she does! The ride is designed to be comfortable, ensuring that you and your guests can relax and feel confident in the boat.
Considerable thought has gone into the accessible side decks and grab rails, enabling crew to move easily and safely around the decks.
- Canister liferaft (2018)
- Liferaft mounting bracket above aft cabin
- 2 x Horseshoes with mounting brackets
- 2 x Engine room fire extinguisher
- Fire extinguishers in each cabin
- ACR Globalfix V4 RLB41 EPIRB (New 2018)
- Manual bilge pumps and manifold (refurbished 2017)
Honda 2.3Hp outboardThe Heritage Of FaireyIn the 1960s the most sought after power boat was undoubtedly the Fairey boat. From Sir Max Aitkin, Tommy Sopwith, Deborah Kerr, and Billy Cotton all owned at least one. Also, Sean Connery as James Bond had an attachment to Fairey boats in "From Russia With Love".
Fairey boats combine comfort with spacious accommodation; a renowned seaworthiness with handling qualities second to none; and performance, courtesy of the deep vee planing hull, such that the cruiser class of numerous Cowes-Torquay and London-Monte Carlo races were successfully campaigned by Fairey boats.The New Swordsman
The heritage of Fairey has provided the soundest of platforms, but times and materials have moved on.
A sleek new cabin roof has replaced that of the working boat. It is designed to ensure that the deceptive 'gentleman's launch' look, so popular with motor and yachtsmen alike, is retained on the Swordsman 37.
For construction the latest honeycomb fibreglass techniques are employed, which produce a stronger but lighter hull. The weight reduction allows for the larger tanks required by today's owners and families. The material also more accurately simulates the softer ride normally only experienced in wooden boats.
|Cruising Speed||22 knots|
|Drive Transmission Description||Direct|
|Engine Horse Power||740.0|
|Fuel Tanks Capacity||259.3 liters|
|No of Heads||2|
|Hull Type||Deep Vee|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade, Bronze|