- Boat Type
- $169,000 (£131,562)
- RB Ref
- Tax Status
- Tax Unpaid
- Grenada W.I.
- United Kingdom
Get an instant finance quote for this boat - click here
About this Beneteau Oceanis 50
The popular Beneteau 50 designed by Bruce Farr brings you both performance and elegance. This is the very desirable three double cabin version. The 50 features a dual-cockpit configuration with twin steering positions and directly accessible winches for the helmsman. Access from the stern is made easy by a built-in step and a hinged door that lead to the cockpits. Zanzibar comes with all the bells and whistles, including bow thruster, water-maker, washing machine and is one of the most beautifully maintained boats on the market. They are the perfect boats for cruising the Caribbean and beyond. They are light, bright and airy with plenty of storage.
Viewing by appointment at our Grenada Office +or info(at)clarkeandcartercaribbean.com
- Aqua Tec Watermaker 135l/h 230 Volt, made in Germany (newhours used
- Electrolux washing machine
- Wifi Antenna system by Silent wind on mast (2016)
- All hatches with covers
- Foredeck Sun Cover
- Ebersbächer Water heating 10 Kw with Radiators in all cabins and air Outlets in salon and master cabin /head (2016)
- Fuel flow measurement equipment for main engine
- Double SEPAR Dieselfilter for main engine and SEPAR single Filter for generator (2016)
This Beneteau 50 offers 3 double cabins outside the saloon each with its own heads and shower compartments. 7 ft standing headroom and good ventilation through out.
The fore peak cabin is accessible by deck only and is home to washing machine and deck gear. The master cabin is forward with a large queen island berth, storage lockers and access to the private head with large separate shower stall. She has plenty of light and ventilation.The main salon has a large U shaped dinette to port with fixed table with settee seating either side. There there is storage outboard and under seating. Across to starboard is the galley with double stainless steel sinks seawater pump and pressurized hot and cold water, 4 burner hob and oven, microwave, fridge and freezer additional driven by main engine. This is followed by the large forward facing navigation station. The two spacious aft cabins with double berths come with private heads. All interior woodwork has been beautifully kept.
Spars and Sails
Fractional sloop rigged with anodized aluminium mast with Selden Maststeps and boom. Running rigging replaced 2016. Slab reefing mainsail with lazy jacks and Profurl furling system. 4 Lewmar 66 / 45 self-tailing winches, one 45 is electric. Double Spinnaker -Halyards.
- Genoa - Dacron - Prime SailsVery good condition
- Jib - Dacron - UK SailsLike new condition
- Main - Dacron - Prime SailsVery good condition
- Genniker - Dacron - Elvstrom - Like new condition
- Spare Main - Dacron - Originalgood
- Spare Genoa - Dacron - Originalgood
- Aluminium Boom 6.2 Meter (2016), 2. Aluminium Boom 4.5 Meter (2016)
Located centrally aft of the saloon is the Yanmar 4JH3 HTE 100hp diesel engine. (1483 Hrs) with a double Separ Diesel filter system, Last serviced June 2019. Freshwater cooled via heat exchanger. The drive train is direct, culminating with a three blade, folding bronze propeller.
B&L 5.9 KW Bow thruster with separate batteries and charger.
- 4.5kw Fisher Panda generator - 200hrs last Service 6/2019
- 2 x 100 watt solar Panels on Bimini (new 2017)
- Superwind wind generator German Technology (2016)
- 240v Battery charger Mastervolt 100Amp (2016)
- 350 Watt Inverter (2018)
- 3x 180 Ah 12Volt housebank from 2017
- 1X 140Ah 12Volt Engine from 2016
- 2X 140Ah 12Volt bowthruster 2016
- Shore power system
- Engine driven Alternator 80 Amp
- Water powered generator Aqua Gen, made in Germany (2016)
- 33 kg Rocna new 2016 on 80 Meter stainless steel chain 10mm, (new 2016), made in Germany with certificate, very less used!
- CQR 27kg with 40 Meter 10mm chain Zink
- 20 Bruce stern anchor with separate winch on stern, 40 Meter Polyester Rope
- Lofrans electric 1500 watt windless (new 2017)
- 2nd Windlass 1000 watts bow
- 3rd Windlass 1000 watts stern
- Dodger , makes a full enclosed cockpit, Bimini
- Selection of fenders and mooring lines.
- Swim ladder
- Deck shower, warm and cold
- Zodiac Hyperlon GRP hard bottom dinghy, 2.7m, (new 2016)
- Tohatsu 9.8 hp outboard (2017) very less used
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guard wires
- Cockpit table
- Blue sail cover, spray hood & bimini
- Fully enclosed cockpit enclosure
- Selden mast steps (new 2016)
- Raymarine ST160 Tri Data - Depth/Speed/Wind log
- 2721 Furuno VHF with 2nd handheld on helmstation
- Raymarine ST6001 autopilot original by Beneteau on rudderstock, hydraulic
- 2 x Steering compass
- 2 x Furuno GPS‘s: GP33, new 2016 and GP32
- B&G Zeuss 2 12” chartplotter (2016)
- B&G Digital 3D radar (2016)
- Furuno Navtex
- Windpilot selfsteering windvane, made in Germany (2016)
- SSB Radio Icom
- Pactor 4 fast modem
- Iridium sat phonestation & external antenna.
- Hand-held VHF radio
- Navonics charts
- Radio/CD playerCockpit speaker
- 3 x fire extinguishers, 1 CO2
- Fire blanket
- 8 person Viking Liferaft (last serviced 2016)
- Furuno Alarm & Horn system & watch call in 2 cabins (2017)
- 1 x Manual bilge pump
- 2 x Electric bilge pump
- Emergency tiller
- 80m roll of rope at stern
Built in 2003 the Beneteau 50 is a GRP moulded with lead ballast keel. Zanzibar has a blue hull (polished in Nov 2019) and teak decks. New Coppercoat (4 layers)with 3 layers of epoxy primer in January 2020. The hull was fully sandblasted before.
We took over Zanzibar from her first owner in 2015 in Sweden. She was used by him only in the 4 summer months and stood in the hall for eight months a year. Our plan was to do a circumnavigation with Zanzibar and therefore equipped her with everything to be completely self-sufficient for several weeks. Zanzibar is a fast and safe ship suitable for all oceans and very easy to handle for my wife and me. The entire technology, the teak deck and the hull are in very good condition and intensively maintained by ourselves. I am a boat builder by profession and have looked after the ship to the best of my knowledge and belief. Now our private plans have changed unexpectedly and we are selling her with a heavy heart to a new loving owner. Zanzibar is ready to sail. The Tanks are full and all you have to do is: put your personal stuff in and a great adventure can begin.
Zanzibar has a German registration and is VAT paid and there are no known outstanding encumbrances.
- Total sail area - 116.00
The company normally acts as brokers for the vendor who unless otherwise stated is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability on our part.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferaft, fire extinguishers and flares etc., are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on board as part of the sale of a used vessel, may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.