- Island Packet
- £229,500 ($297,769)
- Tax Status
- Tax Paid
- 14 m
- 1.3 m
- Draft Max
- 0.5 m
- Full Keel
- Hull Material
- Boat Type
- RB Ref
About this Island Packet 440
This American Built Island PacketYear Model) is the perfect yacht for the discerning owner looking for a luxury boat with unprecedented build quality. This particular example has had one owner from new, originally commissioned August 2007 and it has been meticulously maintained. Designed for Serious Blue Water Cruising, with a long keel and wheel steering.
Last Maintenance Carried out Spring of 2018 including Replacement of Standing Rigging.
Island Packet 440 Description
Designed by Bob Johnson
Built by Traditional Watercraft - Island Packet Yachts, Largo, Florida, USA
LOA: 13.89 mtrs / 46'0"
LWL: 11.6 mtrs / 38'1
BEAM:4.35 mtrs / 14'4"
Maximum Draft: 1.5 mtrs / 5'0"
Maximum Bridge Clearance: 18.9 MTRS / 62'0"
Displacement Weight: 14.5 Tons
Gross Tonnage: 26.59
One piece integral hull & keel - 100% hand laminated high modulus knitted fiberglass infused with a propietary pressure fed roller application system. Light ivory gelcoat with a urethane painted boot stripe.
PolyClad3 hull gel system includes a 10 year pro-rated limited warranty against osmotic blisters. Fully encapsulated ballast forms double bottom over length of keel. (No keel bolts to maintain, loosen or leak).
Moulded interior structual base unit bonded with hull and interior bulkhead system to form unified structure.
Chainplates interlocked and bonded directly with hull structure for secure 'belt and braces' installation.
Deck laminate features Island Packet's exclusive PolyCore, virtually eliminating the potential for deck deterioration associated with other core materials. Includes a 10 year pro-rated limited warranty. Two tone deck surfaces: light ivory with tan diamond pattern non slip resistant surfaces.
One piece deck attached to integral hull flange with bolts, lock nuts and urethane adhesive sealant. Hardware fully backed with aluminum plates where required.
Moulded fiberglass headliner with textured finish & teak trim.
Yanmar 4JH4 - TBE 75 hp Turbo Diesel Shaft Driven Engine, four cylinder/fresh water cooled.
Engine Hours: Approximately 1100 as of October 2018.
Full service carried out April 2018.
Rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil pan, mechanical fuel pump, high output Balmar 100 amp alternator with voltage regulator & Charles digital Duo Charger Controller, Recor fuel filter with water separator mounted to engine access door in galley.
Jacketed fuel lines with swedged & threaded ends, auxiliary electric fuel pump with momentary switch for bleeding lines, bronze engine intake strainer. Pre plumbed for dealer/owner installed oil change system.
Extensive sound control with premium lead lined insulating foam and gasketed access door in galley. Additional access panels to engine behind companionway stairs, behind the aft cabin door and under the berth area in the aft cabin.
Cruising Speed: 8 Knots
Maximum Speed: 10 knots
Fuel Tank Capacity: 131 Gallons / 589 Ltrs
Fresh Water Tanks Capacity: 216 Gallons / 972 Ltrs
Holding Tank: 45 Gallons / 202 Ltrs
ACCOMMODATION & LAYOUT
The interior layout of this boat is cavernous and is perfect for anyone wishing to spend prolonged periods of time onboard. It also has a good sized cockpit with a bimini and full camper cover making it useable all year round.
OWNER'S STATEROOM CABIN & GUEST STATEROOM CABIN
Both cabins feature island berths with access on either side of the beds. The berths each have a specially sprung 5" marine mattress and ample storage lockers. Both cabins also benefit having large en suite and shower enclosure areas.
The owner's cabin has a large offset double island berth, teak shelf, storage lockers & cedar lined draws beneath. There is also a blanket storage area beneath the berth which has gas struts for easy access. Chrome plated cabin side lights with individual dimmers, overhead lights with a remote dimmer switch.
Large cedar lined hanging locker with interior shelf, teak bureau, dressing seat.
Three opening portholes, two overhead hatches with screens/shades, deck vent,
Varnished V-groove individual plank solid teak & oak sole.
The en suite is located forward with a separate shower stall with folding acrylic door & lights, wide curved seat, vanity unit with a solid acrylic countertop with stainless steel sink, Vacuflash electric head. Mirrored storage cabients & large draws. Opening portholes, opening deck hatch with shade/screen. Overhead lights with dimmer switch and electric sump pump.
The aft cabin has an island berth, teak shelf, storage draw..The berth lifts up on gas struts to reveal a large blanket storage locker. There is also a generous cedar lined hanging storage locker, bureau with shelf above. Chrome plated cabin side lights with individual dimmers. Overhead lights with remote dimmer switch. Opening portholes, an overhead hatch with screen/shade.
The cabin also has varnished V-groove individual plank solid teak & oak sole.
The heads located on the port quarter (Aft Cabin En Suite) have a Jack & Jill door for day use. It is equipped with a Vacu-Flush electric toilet, a solid acrylic counter top with inset stainless steel sink, oval oak framed mirror, a separate shower stall with a folding acrylic door and moulded shower seat. Electric sump pump,storage cabinets, opening porthole, opening deck hatch with a screen/shade and overhead lights with dimmer switch.
There are full length settees on both sides, ergonomically shaped multi-density cushions covered in Buff Ultra Leather upholstery, large storage areas behind and under both settees. The starboard settee converts into a double bunk. A cedar lined hanging locker with a shelf on the port side.
A large drop leaf table folds against the bulkhead with bottle storage. A chart storage draw under the starboard settee. Numerous chrome plated cabin side lights with individual dimmers. Overhead lights with remote dimmer switches. Three overhead deck hatches, numerous opening portholes, two deck vents and overhead grab handrails.
Solid teak & oak sole with lifting inspection panels for access to tanks, raw water filter and bilges.
The Navigation Centre is located just forward of the galley, with a large varnished table with an oval & star inlay, storage tray, a wide bench seat with removable panels beneath revealing a dedicated locker suitable for a generator, a master AC/DC electrical panel and electronics panel.
The galley which is U shaped is located on the starboard side as you descend down the companionway steps. It is very well equipped with deep double stainless steel sinks, solid Corian style countertops, fridge/freezer compartments with separate lids with gas support struts for easy access, dual Frigoboat Keel Cooler refrigeration/freezer system with digital controls for both compartments which may be individually adjusted for use as a fridge or freezer. Electric drain pump, light and storage draw beneath.
Gimballed 3 burner Force 10 oven finished in stainless steel with a hob lift off cover, guard rail with harness hooks, pot and pans storage beneath.
Fitted Microwave Oven, hot & cold pressurised water taps, manual fresh water pump, retractable spray unit, slide out trash bin, teak dish racks & cutlery draws.
Overhead & cabin side lights on dimmer switches, opening portholes, overhead hatch with screen/shade. Seagull IV water filter which services cold water taps in heads and dedicated faucet (cold only) at galley sink. Slip resistant diamond pattern sole.
- Mainsail - Dacron In-Mast vertically battened roller furling.
- Roller Furling 110% Genoa in high modulus Dacron with UV strip.
- Roller Furling Stay Sail in high modulus Dacron with UV strip.
- Hoyt self-vanging stay sail boom for ease of handling, improved performance and superb adaptability.
- Genoa and stay sail on Harken Furling Systems.
- Mainsail halyard led to Lewmar Ocean Series 30CST, 2 speed winch on mast.
- Mainsail roller furling control lines led aft to cockpit through clutches to Lewmar Ocean Series 44 CST, 2 speed winch.
- Rigid boom vang.
- Main sheet traveller with 4:1 control system led to cockpit.
- Main sheet & spare main halyard led to cockpit through clutches to lewmar Ocean Series 44 CST winch.
- Genoa halyard led to Lewmar Ocean Series 30 CST, 2 speed winch on mast.
- Two Genoa winches - Lewmar Ocean Series 54 CST, 2 speed.
- Staysail sheet led to cockpit through clutch to Lewmar Ocean Series 16 CST winch.
- Staysail halyard led to Lewmar Ocean Series 8C winch on mast.
- Two secondary winches - Lewmar Ocean Series 16 CST's.
- Anodised and powder coated alumimium spars.
- Mid boom sheeting for unobstructed cockpit.
- All sail control lines accessible from cockpit.
- Cockpit storage bins for all sail control lines.
- 10" Chrome plated lock-in winch handle.
- Large swim/boarding platform with twin set of moulded steps leading to the deck.
- Hide away swim ladder under flush mounted panel, hot & cold shower.
- Full length, ergonomically shaped cockpit seats, dual deep seat lockers, line storage bins.
- Extra wide coaming with numerous storage bins, helm seat cushion & backrest.
- Four Safety harness points in cockpit, two 2" cockpit scuppers.
- Engine panel adjacent to helm in covered alcove.
- Lewmar Cobra geared rack & pinion steering system for superior reliability & control.
- Ritchie Compass with custom Island Packet nav grid, stainless steel wheel.
- Single lever engine control with premium Glendinning control cables, hinged fiberglass cockpit table, emergency tiller with storage brackets in locker.
- Sliding companionway hatch with seahood, interior latch, exterior hasp & lock.
- Companionway drop boards, middle board with safety glass port and etched logo, board retaining pin.
- Wide side decks, full length stainless steel cabin top handrails & recessed foredeck grabrails.
- Large anchor locker with overhead deck hatch, sealed bulkhead aft, drain to bilge with shut off valve, large divided rode bins with hooks for line/fenders/gear and starboard shelf to direct chain.
- Wide integral bow platform with exclusive Island Packet designed & patented SeaSafe anchor rollers for full captive, low chafe chain/rode guides, quick anchor deployment and secure storage.
- Welded stainless steel mast rails.
- Double lifelines with stainless steel bow & stern rails, flagstaff & holder, stainless steel Dorade style vents with guards.
- Stern gates with quick release hooks, integral folding stern rail seats.
- Four 12" mooring cleats, two 12" spring line cleats.
- High impact vinyl rubrail with stainless steel striker.
- Side decks drain to boot stripe.
Island Packet 440 Other Features
- Five maintenance free 12volt batteries (4 x service & 1 engine).
- Momentary parallel switch in cockpit for emergency starting.
- UL Listed marine pre-tinned 600v colour coded and number wiring throughout.
- Delux electrical panels with battery switch, gauges and breakers for AC & DC systems.
- Battery test system, indicator lights. electric pump, LPG and battery charger controls.
- Dual 30 amp AC dockside power systems with inlet breakers and a 50' shore power cord. Numerous interior outlets.
- Galvanic isolator with remote status panel.
- Charles 5000 series 60 amp converter/battery charger - three stage & temperature compensating.
- Engine instrument panel with tachometer, hour meter and engine monitoring system at helm.
- Electrical DC grounding/bonding system for rig and underwater metals.
- Pressure water system with hot & cold water service to heads, galley and cockpit shower.
- UL listed 11 gallon water heater with engine exchanger, insulated hot water hoses throughout.
- Automatic shower sump pumps & drain pump with strainers for refrigerator/freezer compartments.
- LPG system in self draining storage compartment with gasketed lid, remote solenoid, dual safety shutoffs & gauge.
- Fuel, water and holding tanks below cabin sole to maximize storage, stability and minimize trim changes with varying fluid levels.
- Fuel tank constructed of welded baffled, heavy gauge marine grade aluminum (5052-H32) with shut off valve, stainless steel deck filler and tank mounted gauge.
- ThermoCure fresh water tank constructed of moulded & baffled resin infused fiberglass using FDA approvable resins, stainless steel deck filler and remote tank level gauge.
- ThermoCure resin infused fiberglass holding tank with stainless steel deck pump out fitting, remote tanklevel gauge.
- Heavy duty Rule 3700 electric bilge pump with auto control premium ultimate magnetic reed float switch. Bilge Alert alarm with remote alarm panel.
- UL listed bronze thru-bolted flanged sea cocks below water line, ball valves on thru-hulls in boot stripe.
- Masthead anchor light, foredeck/steaming light & navigation lights.
- Factory pre wired anchor windlass, bow thruster cables, fan & speaker wires throughout interior.
- Geared rack & pinion steering system providing sensitive and responsive control with rugged reliability and a minimum of maintenance.
- Copper Coat Anti-Fouling.
- Raymarine E80 Chart Plotter with intergrated radar at helm mounted in navpod.
- Raymarine Wind/ Speed & Log/ Depth Instruments in cockpit above companionway opening.
- Raymarine E80 Chart Plotter with intergrated radar next to saloon chart table.
- Raymarine Dual Station Ray240E VHF Radios & separate speakers.
- Raymarine Smartpilot Auto Helm.
- Furuno Navtex NX300 mounted next to chart table.
- 12volt Sockets at helm and chart table.
- Alpine Stereo & speakers.
- Wabesto Cabin Heating.
- Electric Macerator.
- Leather covered wheel.
- Cockpit GRP fold-down table.
- Electric Anchor Windlass, Anchor, chain & warp.
- Upgraded Guard Wires with gates midships either side.
- Beige Sprayhood & Full Camper Cover.
- Island Packet tailored cockpit cushions.
- Outboard engine bracket.
Manufacturer Provided Description
The aft cockpit 440 possesses all the exemplary qualities that have earned Island Packet a worldwide reputation as the leader of cruising boat design and construction. Naval architect Bob Johnson and the Island Packet design team have created the 440 by combining the superior comfort, ease of use, seakeeping, and safety attributes that are the hallmark of every Island Packet, along with innovative new features and stunning good looks that will further reinforce Island Packet’s position as America’s Cruising Yacht Leader.
This is an excellent blue water cruiser which will cope with any sea conditions and has an excellent build quality.
Last lifted out for re-anti-fouling, cleaning stern gear and replacement anodes, hull compounded and polished in February 2018.
Sails laundered and new UV Strips fitted March 2018.
October 2015 New Spray Hood fitted,
The boat is the subject of a YouTube video and picture presentation -
Search Island Packet 44 Crispus
The Standing Rigging has just been replaced April 2018.