- 62 m
- €89,000,000 (£76,096,343)
- 12.2 m
- Draft Max
- 3.7 m
- Engine Make
- Hull Material
- Engine Model
- Boat Type
- Engine Count
- RB Ref
- United States of America
- Northrop and Johnson
- Broker Office
- Fort Lauderdale
- Contact Name
- Kevin Merrigan
- 1-954-522-3344 / 1-954-647-5986
About this Feadship
SEA OWL is unique and perfect for those who appreciate style and performance. Designed by visionary owners, she offers unique interior masterpieces and vast deck spaces to ensure all who cruise aboard an experience at the height of luxury at sea. Ready to cruise anywhere in the world, she has been built to the stringent Lloyds classification and is a testament to Feadship’s reputation for building the finest quality luxury yachts. Truly encapsulating 203 feet of safe haven, SEA OWL has proven herself as an exceptional family superyacht and is ready for her next adventure!
Delivered in 2013 by renowned yacht builder Feadship, Sea Owl is a testament to the exemplary capabilities of her visionary owners, her meticulous builder and her famed designer. Winch Designs is responsible for the exceptional design of both the interior and exterior of the yacht.
Inspired by literature, Sea Owl oﬀers a myriad of unique details that set her apart from all other yachts. Her bookshelves are lined with prose that comes to life as you move through the yacht; handcrafted details accentuate her walls, while replicas of maps adorn ceilings.
The incredible Tree of Life, which wraps around the central staircase from top to bottom, is a custom, hand carved Brazilian Mahogany masterpiece with never-ending details to delight the eyes. This creative interior decor even extends to the custom painted tromp l’oeil elevator accessing every deck of the yacht. Each room is a distinct treat, which combines to represent one of the most highly customized and expensive Feadships ever built in the size range.
This Feadship’s spacious, full-beam main salon is both inviting and elegant, decorated in light, neutral colors and complete with a warm and welcoming ﬁreplace. With fully opening glass doors aft, and enormous windows on both sides, natural light ﬂoods the space allowing guests to sit back, relax and take in the passing landscapes.
Sea Owl’s impressive dining area features a large custom pietre dure table under a stunning Dale Chihuly Venetian glass chandelier with a beautiful, hand-painted mural backdrop.
Seven state rooms welcome up to 14 guests and feature a variety of themes from masquerade balls to pirate tales. The superyacht’s master stateroom, on the main deck is a massive space that takes advantage of the full 40-foot beam (12m), including a large oﬃce with an custom replica of an 18th century French desk. Sea Owl’s other six guest staterooms are on the lower deck, two of which are ideally suited for children or grandchildren and can be joined together as one large bunk room. Three VIP suites all feature unique themes to encourage guests to enjoy the fantasy. There is also an additional cabin ideally suited for nannies, extra staﬀ, family or friends.
The superyacht’s bridge deck is a warm, welcoming family hub, with a full-beam sky-lounge/movie theater, a large gym with adjoining massage room, and a classroom for learning at sea. Both the classroom and the gym have fold-out balconies. The classroom is also equipped with a hidden Murphy bed.
From tranquil, alfresco dining, to sunbathing and swimming, or barbecuing with the game on one of the pop-up televisions, the Sea Owl’s incredible deck spaces were perfectly planned for enjoying life on the water.
Two custom Hodgdon tenders, 28-foot (8.6m) and 27-foot (8.4m), are discreetly hidden in the forward garage bays and launched through two gull-wing doors. On the foredeck, is a smaller 17-foot (5.2m) RIB. Yacht toys can be accessed via the fold-down swim platform and lazarette area that provides excellent water access and can also be setup as a waterside beach club.
This Feadship has been built and maintained to the highest possible standards in every corner, from guest areas to crew quarters to the engine room. With trans-Atlantic and trans-Paciﬁc capability, Sea Owl is ready to cruise anywhere in the world. Ensuring this capability, the yacht has been built to the stringent Lloyds classiﬁcation requirements and reinforced to handle light ice operation. The yacht’s dynamic positioning system allows her to virtually anchor when necessary, and special attention was paid to making her quiet, seaworthy, and secure.
Behind the scenes, Sea Owl is outﬁtted with an unparalleled, all-encompassing, state-of-the-art surveillance and security system that ensures safety and privacy in any part of the world.
Sea Owl has incredible spaces throughout the yacht to delight all the senses; from the baby grand Steinway, to the kaleidescape system, to the aft-folding swim platform, to the enhanced safety, security and protective features. This yacht is impressive yet incredibly welcoming, beautifully detailed yet extremely secure, unique yet timeless. Sea Owl is a wonder to behold and will be a cherished prize for her new owner.
1.Feadship quality and Andrew Winch Designs pedigree
2.Lloyds Classification and MCA compliant
3.Elevator to all decks
4.State of the art security and safety
5.Meticulously maintained and updated by original owner and captain
6.Trans-Atlantic and Trans-Pacific range
7.Excellent seakeeping ability with added ice-band reinforcement at waterline.
8.40-foot beam provides exceptional volume (1,494 Gross Tons)
9.Capable of carrying two 8.6-meter tenders in forward garage plus toys in aft garage.
10.Guest gym, guest massage room, children’s classroom, and balconies are just a few features.
11.Complete paint job completed in 2018 at Rybovich
- LOA: 203' (62.0m)
- Year Built: 2013
- Beam: 40'(12.2m)
- Draft: 12'2"(3.7m)
- Cruise Speed: 15kts
- Max Speed: 16kts
- Range @ 12kts: 5,000nm
- Range @ 11kts: 6,000nm
- Gross Tonnage: 1,494
- Max Displacement: 1,286
- Builder: Feadship, Royal Van Lent, Hull 807
- Naval Architect: De Voogt Naval Architects
- Exterior/interior Designer: Winch Design
- Construction: Steel hull (Grade A) reinforced for light ice conditions, Aluminium superstructure; teak laid decks
- Classification: Lloyds register 100A1, Yacht(P), G6, LMC, UMS, EP and MCA LY2 compliance
- Flag: Bahamas
- Type: Full displacement, twin screw diesel motor yacht
- Fuel – 147,730 liters (39,025 gallons)
- Additional fuel tankage for Emergency Gen (305 gallons), Header tank (290 gallons), and Overflow tank (2,135 gallons)
- Clean Lube Oil – 6,340 liters (1,675 gallons)
- Dirty Lube Oil – 6,530 liters (1,725 gallons)
- Hydraulic Oil – 380 liters (100 gallons)
- Oily Bilge tank – 3,630 liters (960 gallons)
- Black Water & Gray Water – 42,720 liters (11,285 gallons)
- Black holding tank – 13,030 liters (3,445 gallons)
- Fresh Water – 38,380 liters (10,140 gallons)
Noise & Vibration Prevention
- Main engines and gens are elastically mounted on engine foundations and ship’s structure
- Generators are placed in a separate soundproof room within the engine room
- High-quality resilient mountings used for pumps, compressors, motors, etc
- Large silencers used on exhaust systems with flexible connections
- All piping provided with flexible connection/expansion joints
- Skew-back propellers with proper clearance from the hull
- 2” Glasswool/Rockwool insulation behind ceilings, under the main deck, and inside the hull.
- Use of sandwich damping plates & Glaswool/Rockwool to further insulate the engine room.
- Feadship’s high noise and vibration standards and extensive experience in coordination with noise and vibration experts.
DECK & HULL EQUIPMENT
- Hull Paint: Awlgrip – Jade Mist Green
- Superstructure Paint: Awlgrip – Oyster White
- Anchors: 2 x 765kg “POOL” High Holding Power fitted into stainless steel pockets.
- Chain: 7 shots (630 feet), Grade U2 Galvanized, built-in anchor wash system.
- Windlass: Muir
- Elevator in center of the vessel extends to all guest decks
- Hydraulic passerelle extends
- The hydraulic boarding ladder is installed on the starboard side and manual Sea Stair is stored on the port side.
- Electric hydraulic MOB crane on the bow that doubles as the foremast (1500kg capacity)
- Electric hydraulic MOB crane on sun deck for stowing tender during ocean voyages (850kg capacity).
- Garage gantry cranes have 3000kg capacity for large tenders.
- Lazarette sliding davit for launching jet skis and toys (625kg capacity)
- Main Engines: 2 x MTU 16V BHP each)
- 6,550 hours on mains (March 2020)
- Gearboxes: ZF, 4:1 reduction ratio
- Propellers: 2 x five-bladed polished cuneal finished to S-Class. Approx. 1900mm diameter
- Shafts: C45-N special steel, approximately 180mm diameter, encased in oil bath stern tubes
- Fuel/Water Separator: Alfa Laval
- Bilge Water Separator: 250 liters/hour
- Watermaker: 2 Reverse Osmosis – HEM type 40 (51,000 liters per day total combined)
- Water treatment: SST pre-filter, active carbon filter, silver ion sterilizer, flow counters. Water softener (HEM K60) installed inshore water connection. Three stainless steel pressure pumps are installed. Two electric boilers (500 liters/24kW) are used for hot water and installed in a continuously circulated loop.
- Stabilizers: Quantum Arc 3001 MK2 zero speed
- Bow Thruster: Jastram (200kW) electric motor, variable speed
- Stern Thruster: Veth retractable (150kW). Note: Yacht thruster is equipped with heading control when the yacht is at anchor in winds up to 25 knots.
- Black/Gray Treatment: HMSA system to treat ALL black and gray water - zero discharge standard and in compliance with Title XIV – Certain Alaska Cruise Ship Operations.
- Air Conditioning – Heinen and Hopman marine air-conditioning and heating plant (4 compressors) installed with central, ducted air throughout the vessel. Make-up air system will be integrated for properly cooling/heating/dehumidifying fresh air into the vessel.
- Compressed Air – x2 Kaiser compressors used for air whistle and service air
- Three (3) phase, 4-wire system – 230/400 V 50Hz
- Generators: 3 x MTU 8V 2000M50A (385kVA each) – 1500 RPM, built-in sound room generator room within the engine room.
- 11,200 hours as of March 2020
- Emergency Generator (85kVA) with dedicated fuel tank
- Shore Power: 300kVA, including Shore Power Converter Marpower spc-11 Hybrid installed in aft peak.
- Automatic synchronizing and load sharing between generators. Seamless transfer between generators and shore power
- Installed an active Harmonics filter - 400 V 120A
SAFETY AND SECURITY EQUIPMENT
- Security and privacy were priorities in the design and build of the Feadship SEA OWL.
- The superyacht features an extensive security system that includes but is not limited to security cameras with a 360-degree view at the waterline and fingerprint-recognition keypads. SEA OWL also has limited access points to what is necessary.
- Hi-Fog mist fire extinguishing system installed in vessel along with a Hi-Fog foam system for bilges, an assortment of portable extinguishers, 4 freshwater firehose stations, and crew firefighting equipment (SCBA’s).
- Dekasis alarm/monitoring system installed for bilges, tanks, sewage, generators, main engines and main switchboard with approximately 500 alarm points monitored at all times.
- Tyco addressable fire and smoke alarm system with detectors in each stateroom, cabin, and general area. Smoke detectors installed in the engine room. Eltek fire and safety panel.
- EPIRB and SART units installed
- Enterprise-grade WiFi coverage blanketed throughout vessel, recently upgraded to latest wireless standard
- Best-in-class VoIP phone system throughout vessel, recently upgrade
- 10 Gigabit Network Backbone for future-proofed performance
- Seatel V-SAT 6009 KU installed for high speed internet and VOIP telephones
- Sailor Inmarsat FB500 installed for internet, SMS, and voice
- Thrane & Thrane Inmarsat-C-GMDSS (TT3026D) for emergency communications
- 3 x Sailor VHF 6210 radiotelephone (Bridge, crew, and Lazarette)
- 2 x Sailor VHF DSC (Bridge)
- 2 x Sailor MFHF 6301
- Inventory of VHF and UHF crew radios
- Autopilot: Navis AP 4000
- Depth Finder: JRC - 380
- 2 x DGPS: SAAB R4 DGPS
- Chartplotter: Nobeltech TimeZero, and Transas Navisailor 4000
- Autopilot & Gyro Compass: Alphatron – Alphasea pilot & Alpha minicourse compass
- Mag Compass: Kelvin Hughes Observer MK4
- Radar X Band: JRC Type JMA 5332-7BB
- Radar S Band: JRC Type JMA 5332- 12BB
- Navtex: JRC - NCR-333
- LRIT: T&T Sailor - TT - 6120
- DP System: Konsberg YachtPos
- Bell: 300mm
- Whistle: Kahlenberg T-5
- Searchlights – ARC (230 Volt)
- Far Sounder FS 3DT
|Engine Horse Power||2038.00|
|Engine Horse Power2||2038.00|
|Fuel Capacity Gal||39025|
|Fuel Tanks Capacity||147725.63|
|Holding Tank Gal||3445|
|Holding Tanks Capacity||13040.74|
|Max Speed Knots||16|
|Water Capacity Gal||10140|
|Water Tanks Capacity||38384.06|