- 13 m
- $110,000 (£79,902)
- 4.0 m
- Tax Status
- Tax Unpaid
- Draft Max
- 1.7 m
- Boat Type
- Engine Make
- 1 x Perkins 4.236
- RB Ref
- Engine Count
- Grenada W.I.,
- United Kingdom
Get an instant finance quote for this boat - click here
About this Custombuilt HERMANSON H44
Wandering Star is No 3 of 4 custom built boats for the H44 series - The Distance Cruiser - very similar to Bruce Roberts designs. Developed as an excellent sailing boat able to carry the comforts and conveniences for enjoyable long distance cruising. Each boat had very specific design ideas and as such no two are the same. They were designed to be handled by a short handed crew with all lines leading aft to the cockpit and with a mast height under 63ft to allow cruising the Intra Coastal waterway in the United States. She is an extremely well built and well balanced sailing boat. The hull is made of steel and the pilothouse, cockpit, cabin and deck are made of aluminium to save on weight. The interior is finished the highest standard in American Cherry.
ViewingbyappointmentatourGrenadaOffice +or info(at)clarkeandcartercaribbean.com
This unique and well designed custom built yacht offers two private double cabins each with en-suite head and shower, generous galley and saloon. Standing headroom and good ventilation throughout.
FORECABIN: Large double berth with storage underneath. Cabinets with hanging lockers, drawers and bookshelves either side of bunk. En suite heads compartment with Jabsco electric marine toilet with holding tank. Washbasin with shower.
SALOON:The comfortable saloon has a bench settee to port which converts into a sea berth with a removable wooden leeboard. Plenty of storage under and above the settee. The saloon table opposite comfortably fits 4-6 people and offers 2 more berths or can convert into double berth. More storage under settees with bookshelves outboard.
NAV STATION: The large eye catching nav table with swivel chair, drawers and cupboards gives plenty of chart workspace and access to electrical panel.
GALLEY: The galley lies to stb with double stainless steel sinks and mixer tap, large 12v top loading fridge and separate freezer. Gimballed three burner propane stove with oven and grill. Good storage. Both fridge and freezer have new compressors and condensers and evaporator plates 2018-19.
ENGINE ROOM. Good access to engine room from galley and behind companionway stairs.
AFT CABIN: Master cabin with queen sized bed to port with cosy side chair and hanging locker, drawers to port and additional storage lockers under bed. Heads compartment with Jabsco manual marine toilet. Stainless Wash basin with shower. Large walk in storage cupboard to starboard.
Shades and screens for hatches and ports. Crockery & cutlery included.
Hot and cold pressurised fresh water system to galley, wash basins and showers. Hot water from immersion heater or calorifier heated by engine.
Located centrally aft of the saloon directly below the cockpit is the Perkins 4.236 85hp diesel engine. 5300hrs. Commercial grade engine, a true marine/industrial workhorse which has been well maintained by past and present owners. Service history with a good inventory of spares. Borg Warner 72C transmission, R&D coupling, 1.5” prop shaft, PSS shaft seal, MaxProp 3 blade Classic feathering propeller.
- 720 Watt solar panels
- Xantrex MPPT solar Controller
- Portable Generac 2200W generator
- 2 x 8D AGM house bank 460ah
- 1 x 12 volt Engine starter battery
- 1 x 4D AGM windlass battery
- 1 x 4D AGM spare windlass battery
- Victron battery monitor for house bank batteries
- Volt and ammeters for start and windlass batteries
- 110v Shore power system complete with cable and various adapters
- Newmar 70amp 12v battery charger
- Additional 120 Watt Solar for windlass/engine battery (switch-able)
- 1x Balmar alternator and regulator charging house bank
- 1x Delco alternator and regulator for starting and windlass batteries.
- Xantrax 2000 Watt 12v/110v inverter
- Victron 600 Watt 12v/230v inverter
- Plus 2 x smaller chargers/inverters
- Wirie wifi antenna and hot spot..
- Sony CD and Bluetooth player with speakers in saloon and cockpit
Spars and Sails
Masthead cutter rig with anodized aluminium spars and oversized rigging. Jib pole. Profurl genoa and staysail roller furlers and Fully battened mainsail with stackpack and lazy jacks.
- Genoa - Dacron - white - good - green UV Strip -cleaned
- Staysail - Dacron - white - good - green UV strip - cleaned
- Mainsail - Dacron - white - good - green stackpack - cleaned
- Manson Supreme 60lb Primary anchor
- Bugle 50lb anchor
- Fortress FX 55 anchor
- Fortress FX125 storm anchor
- 300+ft 3/8ths chain
- Various length's of warps and moorings lines
- ‘Lewmar’ 1500 electric windlass
- Electric davit for dinghy
- Hard dodger
- Green sunbrella bimini
- Selection of fenders and mooring lines.
- Swim ladder
- Deck shower
- Zodiac Dinghy
- 15 hp Yamaha Enduro outboard
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guard wires
- Cockpit table
- Assorted fishing gear
- Complete Raymarine electronics package including AIS and radar:
- Raymarine C80 display/chart plotter
- Raymarine ST60 Wind/Speed/Depth display
- Raymarine ST70 Autopilot control head
- Raymarine SG3 Autopilot control unit
- Integrated AIS receiver.
- 1 x Steering compass
- 1 x Icom VHF radio
- 1 x Icom 710 SSB radio
- 1 x Icom 120 antenna tuner
- Back stay antenna
- 1 x Delorme Inreach
- 1 x Iridium phone (phone only package not included - needs new battery)
- 1 x Loud hailer/fog horn
- Full selection of paper and electronic charts and guides for the Caribbean/Western Caribbean/N America
- 3 x fire extinguishers
- 1 x Fire blanket
- Radar reflector
- 1 x Man overboard recovery system
- 1 x Manual bilge pump
- 2 x Electric bilge pumps
- 1 x High capacity emergency bilge pump
- Emergency tiller
- 2 x PFD’s (need servicing)
- 2 x tethers
- 2 x Jacklines
- Flares (not in date)
- Foredeck Sun Cover (green Sunbrella)
- Deck awning (white)
- Spectra Water maker
- 1 x Single Kayak
- Various spares
- Snorkelling Equipment
- Dive tank with Hooka-like set up
- 2 x 10lb Gas bottles
- Propane heater
Built in 1991 in Fernandina Beach Florida by Topper Hermanson boat builders. Wandering Star is a steel hull with fin/wing keel and a skeg hung rudder. Decks are aluminium joined by the dupont coupling system, as used by shipyards worldwide. New Anti-fouling. 2021. Deck repainted 2021.
We have owned Wandering Star for 8 years and are the third owners. We have sailed her from Trinidad in the Caribbean up to New York, USA. Including the entire ICW from Chesapeake to Florida. She is our 2nd full time cruising boat and ticked all the boxes between comfort and sailing. She has been reliable and well maintained with a variety of features making her stand out from the crowd; think great systems, hard dodger and simply the best ever dinghy davit we have ever seen! We are selling her as we have to go back to work.
Wandering Star has an UK SSR registration and there are no known outstanding encumbrances.
The company normally acts as brokers for the vendor who unless otherwise stated, is not selling in the course of a business. Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these particulars the correctness is not guaranteed and they are intended as a guide only and do not constitute a part of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check these particulars and where appropriate and at his own expense to employ a qualified marine surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability on our part.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferaft, fire extinguishers and flares etc., are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on board as part of the sale of a used vessel, may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
|Engine Horse Power||85|