- 12 m
- $64,750 (£53,279)
- 4.4 m
- Hull Material
- Engine Make
- Boat Type
- Engine Model
- 6CTA 8.3 liter
- RB Ref
- Engine Count
- Saint Petersburg, Florida
- United States of America
About this Tiara 40 Express
1994 Tiara Yachts 40 Express
A two stateroom two head design from a top quality builder combines many innovative features to make this boat years ahead of her competition.
Her interior is very spacious with a Leather U-Shaped settee and real Teak and Holly flooring. Her outside areas are very comfortable with a walk-through transom and disappearing sun pads/ cockpit tables, cockpit engine room access, and dual walk-through transom gates to the over-sized molded-in swim platform.
One of the first boats to be offered with the now legendary C-Series Cummins Diesel Engines for proven reliability, economy and performance. A good running boat that will cruise at 22 Knots.
This is the preferred 2 Stateroom 2 head layout.
Master stateroom is forward with a center line double. There is a private head entrance to the master head with separate shower stall as well as access from the salon. Aft to the salon with a Teak and Holly sole.
The galley is to port and the leather U-Shaped settee is to starboard. Aft and under of the raised helm area is the guest stateroom with a queen sized berth and its own head and vanity.
Up to the bi-level cockpit with Captains and guest seating to Starboard. Aft and down is additional seating front and rear facing. There is also a wet bar.
There is a walk though transom with port and starboard gates leading down to the integrated swim platform and a large transom storage (garage) area with electric lift.
The engine room is accessed by raising one of the hinged seats in the aft cockpit.
Bottom Paint renewed in 2021.
- Refrigerator/Freezer undercounter (inoperable)
- S/S wine cooler
- 3-Burner Electric range-top
- Solid surface composite counter tops
- Double Sink
- Generous under counter drawers and cabinets
- Cabinets at eye level on wall
- Pantry storage
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Liter Diesel Engine. Engine room is spacious with cockpit access through a hinged opening seat in cockpit as well as an opening deck hatch aft.
- Engine Hour Meters report: 1,337 Port and 1,182 Starboard as of April, 2022
- Drip-less Propeller Shaft Packing (Serviced 2021)
- Morse cable controls (New 2021)
- Rebuilt Starters in 2021
- Rebuilt Alternators in 2021
- Electric Oil Change system
- Bennet trim tabs
- (2) Zones Cruisair marine Reverse Cycle air conditioning (Inoperable)
- Vacuflush marine head
- Glendenning Engine Synchronizer
- Fireboy 1301 Fire suppression system
- Racor Fuel Filters
- Walker Air Seps
- (2) Spare propellers
- Windshield wipers
- Power window vent with new actuator
The generator was removed from the vessel (No Generator). New 3000 watt inverter.
- 50 Amp 220 Volt Shore power service (New Cord)
- Glendenning Cable Master System
- (4) 4D Batteries (2021)
- Inverter System (New 2021)
- Battery Parallel
- Galvanic Isolaters
- New Engine Alternators in 2021
- Furuno Navnet 3X Multi-function Display 12 Inch
- Furuno NavPilot Autopilot (Inoperable Shows Rudder angle fault)
- Furuno F1-50 Tri-data Display
- ICOM M-504 VHF Transceiver
Featuring port and starboard walk through transom with doors.
- Oversize swim platform is molded into the hull
- Swim Ladder Concealed
- Large transom storage area with electric/mechanical lift
- P and S transom doors
- All newer cockpit and helm vinyl upholstery
- 2021 New Bimini with a three sided enclosure
- 2021 Canvas storage cover for aft cockpit
- Aluminum Radar arch
- Chart drawer storage
- Opening power vent window center windshield
- Cockpit Hot and Cold Shower
- Bow pulpit with rails and anchor roller
- Lewmar electric windlass Power up and down with remote from helm
- ACR Electric Remote spotlight on bow pulpit
- Plow anchor with chain and rode
This vessel is offered at this price with the following items in need of repair or replaced:
Both of the air conditioners and the refrigerator need replaced.
Autopilot is showing a rudder feedback error (Unit is Inoperable).
Engine Cooling systems are due for service.
Seller will not make these repairs and these will be the responsibility of the buyer at this price.
Overall this boat shows better than average. Her exterior gel coat has a good shine, her interior is clean and soft goods are all in serviceable condition. Her exterior canvas is excellent and all of the cockpit upholstery is new in 2107. Electronics were upgraded in 2000 and there is Autopilot and Radar.
Mechanically the engines were serviced in 2021. Both engine raw water pumps replaced in 2019. Inverter and battery charger have both been recently replaced as well as the batteries, alternators and starters.
Bottom paint was renewed in 2021.
Priced to sell with known defects, owner retiring from boating, and will consider offers.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
|Country Built||United States|
|Engine Horse Power||430.00|
|Engine Horse Power2||430.00|
|Fuel Capacity Gal||430|
|Fuel Tanks Capacity||1627.73|
|No of Heads||2|
|Holding Tank Gal||57|
|Holding Tanks Capacity||215.77|
|Water Capacity Gal||160|
|Water Tanks Capacity||605.67|