- 10 m
- €38,000 (£32,769)
- Draft Min
- 1.7 m
- Full Keel
- Engine Make
- Beta Kubota
- Hull Material
- Engine Count
- Boat Type
- RB Ref
About this Sparkman & Stephens 34
Ready for a new season
This is a Sparkman & Stephens 34 classic yacht - an excellent design by Olin Stephens of Sparkman & Stephens fame.
This S&S has a GRP hull with recently-renovated wooden cabin top and interior using woods such as Iroko, Kumaru, Jatoba and Merbau. This yacht benefits from legendary sea-keeping qualities due to the S&S hull design. The most recent improvements include a bowsprit for the gennaker and a new solar panel. Other recent improvements include a charge control unit and new instruments in a new panel.
This Sparkman & Stephens yacht benefits from a 2,500 kg lead keel making it very sea-worthy and stable. This yacht comes with a full suit of sails and a larger-than-standard Beta Marine Kubota 28 bhp diesel engine plus a recent new ZF gearbox (only about 50 hours use).
A highly sought-after design, this yacht is well equipped with everything working as it should and is ready to sail.
This design was conceived as the cruiser/racer to RORC specifications and production has recently been re-started in Australia.Engine And Gearbox
Engine. Beta Marine Kubota (3 cylinder. Model BD 1005) diesel engine, 28 bhp.
The engine is in good working order and is serviced regularly with recent new oil and antifreeze.
Gearbox. New ZF10M 2R which has run about 50 hours. Additional fuel filter and sump. New control cables.
Shaft drive.Rig, Autopilot And Short Handed Sailing
Rig. S&S 34 short rig, MK 1 see model is very seaworthy and, with a short rig is easy to handle by one person. All the ropes are arranged to control all the sails without leaving the cockpit - including in the reefs from the cockpit.
A lot of work and effort has been put into the boat which is made for long distance sailing.
Autopilot.The boat can be controlled in several ways. Through the wheel or by using the tiller in an emergency. Also, there is the wind autopilot and the electric autopilot. The electric autopilot can steer both by sail and by compass:
1) Simrad TP 22 Tiller pilot
2) Wind autopilot “ Holland Windwane” (Large Bouvaan).
The 9 sails are as follows:
1) Genoa 150% used
2) Genoa150% used
3) Genoa125% used
4) Staysail N1 used
5) Staysail N2 used
6) Storm Jib for inner /baby stay New
7) Storm Jib for inner stay Used
9) Spinnaker.Electrical And Navigation
Electrical. All the wiring in the boat is new and the following are fitted:
1) Navigation LED tricolor + anchor light on top mast
2) Navigation LED light on rai
3) LED Interior brass lamp
4) Deck light
5) Solar panel Kyocera 200 W; 8A
6) Charger – Decca smart 1230, 12/24 V, till 345 Ah, For Pl. gel and Pl. wet accumulators
7) Emergency Strobe lamp on mast
8) Inverter 12/220 V.
Navigation. All the following were installed new and have worked very few hours since:
1) GPS navigator Furuno GP 33
2) AIS Vesper marine WMX 850 Watchmate and Class B transponder
3) Standard Horizon 220 SW 5 inch Hailer Horn
4) Standard Horizon VHF fixed radio GX 2100 with DSC and AIS
5) Standard Horizon Remote control CMP 30 (RAM 3) for fixed radio
6) Standard Horizon Floats handheld VHF radio with internal GPS, DCS and strobe light system
7) Standard Horizon Chart Plotter/depth sounder/fish finder combo CPF 300i with C-map mega wide promo chart (North and Baltic seas)
8) Standard Horizon P79 in hull transducer/ fish finder
9) NASA HF3W SSB receiver with weather fax software + active antenna.
10) NASA Clipper compass system (electronic)
11) B&G Triton SDW Pack NMEA 2000
12) Navtex McMurdo NAV 7.
1) Life-raft “Viking” 6 person
2) Pyrotechnics/flares complete
3) Two manual bilge pump
4) Three (12V) automatic bilge pump with alarm
5) Many lifejackets
6) EPIRB McMurdo E5 Smart-find (2 pieces)
7) Cold Water Immersion Suit (floating)
8) Echo Max EM 230 reflector.
1) Oil heater “Reflex” heater
2) Electrical (220V) heater
3) Two burner oven and grill.
|Drive Transmission Description||Direct|
|Engine Horse Power||28.0|
|Fuel Tanks Capacity||100 liters|
|No of Heads||1|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade, Bronze|
|Water Tanks Capacity||180 liters|