- 19 m
- 4.9 m
- Tax Status
- Tax Unpaid
- Draft Max
- 2.5 m
- Draft Min
- 2.5 m
- Engine Make
- Volvo Penta
- Bulb Keel
- Engine Model
- TAMD 63 LA
- Hull Material
- Engine Count
- Boat Type
- RB Ref
- St Vincent & Grenadines
- Transworld Yachts
- Broker Office
- Transworld Yachts
- Contact Name
- Stephen Whatley
- / +44 (0)23 8045 4000
About this Hallberg-Rassy 62
STORMBIRD was supplied by these offices to her current owner who has kept and cruised her in the Caribbean under the supervision of a professional yacht Skipper. she has not been back and forth across the Atlantic each season so has seen unusually light use for a yacht of this type.
The yacht has been maintained throughout her cruising life to a high standard ensuring she was always ready for the owner's cruising plans and occasional charters.Comments By Her Designer
As the top of the range of high quality offshore cruising boats produced by this world-renowned builder, the HR 62 represents years of experience and a synergy of efforts on the part of Hallberg-Rassy and our design office to produce the best possible yacht of its kind.
The high performance, well balanced, strong hull of moderate draft is matched by an efficient and easy to handle sail plan.
The areas reserved for leisure on deck are very generous and the interior has plenty of natural light and ventilation.
A new owner will immediately be able to appreciate Hallberg-Rassy’s know-how in building and fitting out their yachts, as much as their design and performance in all conditions.
- Hand lay-up method with woven rovings, isophtalic polyester and isophtalic gelcoat, The hull is insulated from 20 cm under the waterline up with Divinycell PVC foam core.
- There is a decorative blue stripe in Gelcoat above a moulded rubbing strake with a stainless profile on top.
- The blue stripe was recoated in 2010 and topsides are machine wax polished every year The underwater hull is treated with two coats of epoxy primer from new, built up anti-fouling paint was stripped back in 2015 Blue, double waterline boot top repainted 2010.
- Built-in longitudinal and athwartships stiffener.
- Lead keel bolted on with 14 M36 stainless steel keel bolts.
- Keel bolts are accessible without moving the tanks making the deep bilge easily accessed.
- Skin fittings and seacocks are rigorously serviced and replaced as required.
- The Rudder in GRP, rudder shaft 100 mm stainless steel.
- Heavy cast bronze rudder fittings and roller bearings on the rudder stock.
- Hand lay-up method.
- GRP-sandwich construction, Divinycell PVC foam core for strength and insulation.
- Blue decorative stripe around the cockpit repainted in Awlgrip 2015.
- Hull and deck completely joined by overlapping GRP-laminate.
- Deck, coach roof, handrails and seats are all solid teak.
- 15 windows, 14 of them opening, eight deck hatches and seven Dorade-vents.
- The deck is provided with scuppers, which drain under the waterline to keep the hull clean.
SUPERSTRUCTURE & DECK FITTINGS
- Stemhead fitted with two anchor rollers.
- Extra strong pulpit and pushpit 30 mm diameter of open type.
- Anchor light and international navigation lights including LED masthead and spreader lights.
- Double life lines on eight pairs of stainless stanchions, total height 72 cm.
- Gates amidships P and SB side.
- Mooring cleats 40 cm forward and aft.30 cm amidships.
- Floating Genoa track car, adjustable from the cockpit.
- Cutter stay with car and double foot blocks from Lewmar.
- Mainsheet 1:4, sheeted on a track with a Lewmar 50 CEST electric winch.
- Primary winches: Two Lewmar 77 CEST electric.
- Secondary winches two Lewmar 58 CEST electric.
- Hardtop with toughened glass windows in aluminium frames and opening centre window.
- Chainplates, bathing ladder and other fittings are made from stainless steel.
- Glass fiber moulded deck laid with solid teak in a black caulking compound throughout.
- Solid teak cappings to the bulwarks and solid teak handrails and pushpit seats.
- Stainless steel stanchions with double guard wires, opening gates port and stbd.
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpits. Bezenzoni Hydraulic passerelle with control at the pedestal serviced bench tested and new covers for exterior hoses 2019.
- Bezenzoni telescopic davits.
ANCHOR EQUIPMENT & BOWTHRUSTER
- 24v Lofrans Deluxe Windlass with capstan and gypsy with handheld remote, new in 2012.
- New windlass motor 2014.
- The chain falls smoothly into the big chain locker, which is drained overboard.
- In the locker, there is space for five fenders above the chain.
- The anchor can be controlled up and down by buttons both at the windlass and from the steering pedestal.
- 88lbs Stainless steel Delta anchor with 60m of 13 mm (Stainless steel chain.
- The 24v bow thruster is 20HP and controlled by foot buttons at the steering position.
- Excellent protection under the Hardtop with easy access to the helm.
- Cockpit seats and sole in laid teak.
- Raymarine navigation instruments over the companionway sliding hatch.
- Wheel steering with a hide-covered wheel.
- Cardan link steering system.
- Single lever engine control, compass, engine instrument panel and more in easy reach of the helmsman.
- The pedestal was refitted in 2015 with new instrument panels to accommodate a large Raymarine multi-function display(ES128), new instrument panels, buttons and chromed single lever engine control.
- The pedestal was re-coated in white Awlgrip and the wheel re-leathered.
- All push button sail controls for single handed sail management are available at the pedestal.
- The main, Genoa and Staysail area can be set reefed and furled away from the helm position.
- A high gloss varnished folding teak table is fitted on the pedestal.
- Forward a drained locker for anchor chain and space for fenders.
- Aft a huge lazarette locker with approximately 3 400 litres volume accessible through two hatches in the aft deck.
- STORMBIRD will be sold with adequate morring lines and fenders.
- First class workmanship in selected mahogany, sanded and treated to a silk smooth finish. Softclosing drawers.
- Lockers have invisible, stainless steel hinges.
- The varnished sole is teak with holly inlays New carpets fitted 2018.
- White ceiling accentuated with fore and aft teak inlays.
- The floor is the same level throughout the boat. New curtains throughout 2017.
- Seagoing layout with white Corian work tops fitted with fiddles.
- Deep, double sinks.
- Two well insulated cold boxes one of the boxes, aft of the navstation, has a dual thermostat so it can be used as a fridge or freezer both with 24v DC electric water-cooled compressors thru hull coolers replaced 2016.
- Freezer compressor upgraded to Danfoss BD50 in June 2019 Pressure water, hot and cold.
- Drawers, separate locker for china and glass, plus stowage for pots and pans etc.
- Window opens.
- Gimballed Force 10 gas cooker with three burner hob, oven and grill, new 2017.
Saloon and chart table
- Generous saloon for all crew and guests.
- Headroom 2.04m.
- All space behind and under sofas used for stowage.
- Chart table with drawers.
- Navigation and communication systems at the chart table.
- Comfortable seat with heeling support.
- Lockers and two big hanging lockers for oil skins.
- Electrical panel with labelled trip switches.
- All electrical controls centred in this area.
- Upholstery in Blue Alacantara
Head & Shower compartment
- Water proof and easily cleaned toilet compartments in white formica and Corian.
- Electric toilets, Holding tanks for black water.
- Corian wash basins with hot and cold water faucets.
- A large mirror and good lighting.
- The floor is a moulded GRP shower tray drained and pumped directly overboard.
- Great effort is made for good ventilation.
- 15 tailor made Lewmar Ocean windows, of which 14 open.
- All lenses in the ports were replaced 2015 and new seals fitted 2018 Eight Lewmar deck hatches, Fixed ventilation to all cabins through Dorade or Electrolux vents to all cabins.
- All interior lockers ave ventilation as to the bunk bases.
Cushions in the sleeping cabins are fully sprung mattresses and the saloon cushions are 12 cm (4 1/2”) polyester foam with blue Alcantara.Rig And Sails
- Sloop rig, with furling headstay and fixed inner forestay.
- 3 spreaders, hydraulic in mast furling Hydraulic headsail furling and hydraulic inner forestay furling from Seldén Mast AB, Sweden.
- Rod rig and turnbuckles original Navtec.
- Mast and boom made from silver anodised aluminium alloy.
- Hydraulic outhaul.
- Hydraulic backstay tensioner and hydraulic vang from Navtec.
- Runners are stored at the mast when not in use.
- Two deck lights on the lower spreaders.
- Fitting for spinnaker boom and halyard. Flag lines.
- The mast is provided with special cable conduits.
- Halyard winches and cleats.
- Deck stepped mast on solid mast support integrated with the main bulkhead.
- Hydraulic genoa furling and reefing system Seldén Furlex.
- Windex. 2019
- Rig report and history available on request.
Main - DOYLE Bluewater rollaway, Stratis Technora, Laminate 831sqft (New 2017).
Genoa - DOYLE Bluewater rollaway, Stratis Technora, Laminate 831sqft (New 2019).
Staysail - ELVSTROM CC Sealar 52sq mtrs furling 2005
Spinnaker - Elvstrom Tri radial asymmetric 2005
Spinnaker - PARASAILOR Checked and repacked October 2019
Sail bags and boat covers/screens
- Volvo-Penta TAMD63 (LA) - 237hp,6 cylinders, Marine, Turbodiesel.
- Hydraulic gearbox.
- The engine is mounted on a special flexible engine bed, with an Aquadrive flexible shaft coupling.
- Every effort is made, the engine is freshwater cooled and equipped with oil cooler.
- Single lever control for revs and gear shift.
- The instrument panel includes a tachometer, temperature gauge, oil pressure and voltmeter for engine start battery, acoustic and optic warnings.
- The engine hr counter i not working but records at April 2018 indicate 3,251hrs.
- Electric oil change pump.
- Engine Room Cam viewable on Raymarine multifunction display at helm
- Fixed 2 speed, 3 bladed, Gori propeller removed for full service by Gori USA June 2019.
- Fixed blade prop carried as spare.
- Stainless steel, 50mm, Prop shaft. New AMBASSADOR three blade Rope Stripper fitted 2017
- 20hp SIDE POWER 24volt bow thruster new thruster solidoids fitted Sept leg/gearbox installed June 2018, thruster motor serviced and bench-tested 2015.
- 4 Blue underwater lights fitted Summer 2016.
Fuel and freshwater
- Fuel: 1,610 litres in two stainless steel tanks.
- Freshwater: 1,560 litres, also in two tanks of stainless steel all tanks under the floor in the saloon.
- Active charcoal filter and double pumps for the freshwater system.
- Pressure water hot and cold at all faucets.
- 75ltrs Calorifier with 240v immersion heater.
- ENWA MT5500 230v Water Maker.
- 4 x new membranes fitted 2016.
- New high-pressure pump 2014.
- New feed water pump 2015.
- Westerbeke 12 BTDC low revving diesel generator 230 V 50 Hz with sound shield, rebuilt with a new "Long Block" installed in 2013.
- Running hrs at Oct 2019 5,183.
- Lighting: 24v, 110A 24v alternator and 70A 12v alternator on main engine.
- Service battery bank newx 6v lead-acid batteries total 690 Ah, at 24v.
- 12v Engine start battery Dka (D4) lead-acid battery.
- 12v Service battery bank 210Ah.
- Main switch for engine start and lighting batteries.
- Automatic fuses.Voltmeter for engine battery and DCC400 monitor for Service battery.
- Gauge for fuel and water. 230v shore connection and th12 & 24 volt battery chargers.
- There are 12v, 24v and 230v power outlets throughout the yacht.
- Two 5kW Webasto diesel air heaters.
- The output of the heaters is variable and automatically controlled by a thermostat.
- The heaters work independently of each other.
- CLIMMA chilled water, air conditioning system with individual controls throughout the yacht.
- Raymarine colour Radar/Chart plotter RL80CRC at outer chart table.
- Raymarine open array, 4kW Radar mounted on pole aft.
- Raymarine Raychart 631 chart plotter at outer chart tables.
- Raymarine Raystar 120 GPS antenna.
- Raymarine Sailing Monitors.
Over companionway hatch:
- ST2 90 wind
- ST2 90 Close Hauled
- ST2 90 Graphic Display
- VHF extn. Speaker
On the Pedestal:
- Raymarine Axiom Pro 12 MFD
- ST2 90 Graphic Display
- ST 7002 autopilot control
- ST2 90 Man Over Board button
- Bezenzoni hydraulic passarelle control
At the chart table:
- ST2 90 Graphic Display
- Raymarine Radar/Chart plotter E120 at Chart table.
In the owner's cabin:
- ST2 90 Data Display
- Raymarine Ray 23E DSC class D VHF with 2 handsets
- RR OSC-Pacific masthead antenna (DSC/GSM/VHF/TV/SSB/AM/FM)
Please Note: All safety equipment included in this sale is serviced annually but the vendor can not offer any guarantees. It is a new owner's responsibility to ensure that the equipment is specified and serviced in accordance with their intended use of the vessel.
- 8 Man Liferaft with Hydrostatic release new 2017
- Inflatable Danbouy
- Fire Extinguishers
- Co2 Extinguisher in the Engine compartment
- Life jackets
|Bridge Clearance||26.39 meters|
|Drive Transmission Description||Direct|
|Dry Weight||33000 kilograms|
|Engine Horse Power||227.0|
|Fuel Tanks Capacity||805 liters|
|No of Heads||3|
|Holding Tanks Capacity||60 liters|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade, Bronze, Folding|
|Water Tanks Capacity||780 liters|