- 13 m
- P.O.A. (P.O.A.)
- 7.7 m
- Draft Max
- 1.2 m
- Engine Count
- Hull Material
- Boat Type
- Kemah, Texas
- RB Ref
- United States of America
- Little Yacht Sales
- Broker Office
- Little Yacht Sales Waterford Harbor
About this Lagoon
The 42 exhibits her style and a strong personality. Her performance is a function of the strength of design as well as meticulous construction. The lines of this good-looking boat were drawn by VPLP and Patrick le Quément, while incorporating all the distinctive Lagoon features: vertical windows, single-level cockpit and saloon, integral deck hatches and ergonomic helm station.
With its rig moved further aft, high-aspect mainsail, self-tacking jib, the option of having a code 0 and an asymmetric spinnaker, the 42 can adapt to all conditions and all speeds! There was constant attention to the elimination of excess weight during the design of this model: production of the coach roof by injection for total control of weight, and centering of all heavy items for better weight distribution (rigging centered, chain locker, generator, water tanks).
The helm station is designed to facilitate operation by a small crew, optimize circulation and open up direct access to the deck and the cockpit. The helm station is protected by a composite bimini (option) with sliding cover and a direct stair to the coach roof and boom. Maneuver area is based around 2 winches for all operations. The self-tacking jib allows outstandingly efficient tacking.
The 42’s cockpit layout is truly innovative! The space provided between the single level saloon, the aft crossbeam and the various sunbathing areas is unprecedented on this size of boat. With aft platforms and steps suspended and widened; the transom skirts create a new space for leisure and relaxation.
Superlatives abound when describing the owners’ suite! Light floods the entire cabin by virtue of the generous hatches, portlights and several openings. The living space consists of an island double bed, dressing table, library, sofa, wardrobes and numerous other stowage spaces. The bathroom is private and spacious, with stowage and equipped with a separate shower.
The forward and aft guest cabins have double beds and many stowage spaces. They both offer ensuite private bathrooms and in the 3 and 4 cabin versions, the aft cabin has a separate shower!
Lagoon Dealers for Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma. Let the Professional Brokers at LYS show you how the Lagoon 42 can satisfy your Sailing Needs! Call Little Yacht Sales for pricing information and let's discuss building you a NEW Lagoon 42 today!
Manufacturer Provided Description
A SLEEK, MODERN DESIGN
This new member of the Lagoon family has style and a strong personality.
While keeping a family resemblance and retaining the main features of the latest generation of Lagoons, it shows us a new path: unhurried evolution, a new "organic" approach, in search of harmony between living space and man. An elegant silhouette, flowing curves which, by virtue of a noticeable acceleration of the lines in the bows and in the new coachroof design, emphasizing the powerful and dynamic nature of this new model… A VPLP design naturally, a guarantee of performance under sail!
A COZY COCKPIT, WITH SMOOTH, ELEGANT CURVES
- A single level from the aft platform to the saloon: a structural "revolution",
- entirely new ergonomics that ensure excellent use of space and ease of circulation on board,
- A large glazed door that occupies the entire width of the coachroof, and provides access to the unparalleled internal volumes.
- The suspended steps at the transom provide a whole new perception of the boat: a continuous, wide and inviting platform, worthy of a large vessel.
AN INGENIOUS DECK LAYOUT
The mast moved further aft and the self-tacking jib, a guarantee of performance under sail and ease of handling, provide the ability to bring all operations together in one place.
AN ERGONOMIC HELMING STATION
At the coachroof bulkhead, offering many advantages:direct communication between the cockpit and saloon, improved circulation, forward and aft of the helming station, direct access to the coachroof for easier access to the boom, a composite bimini with a sliding panel to ensure a good view of the sails, a closure panel or helming station safety when under way.
3 or 4 double cabins … and what cabins! Island double beds for the aft cabins and beds with side access for the forward cabins, the aft cabins benefit from a bathroom with a separate shower, very large windows in the cabins offer excellent illumination and magnificent views of the surroundings, the vertical glazing in the coachroof provides saloon illumination: a well-lit, comfortable environment that is perfectly balanced between the galley and saloon areas, the U-shaped galley, fully fitted with broad work surfaces and extensive storage space, is oriented towards the external cockpit.
The attention devoted to detail and the use of the volumes make this new interior a unique and enjoyable living space.
Equipment On This Boat
- 3 CABIN owners version, 3 HEADS,
- White Oak Alpi with Fortezza Floor
- US ELECTRICAL Version
- Version 110 V 60 Hz
COMFORT EQUIPMENT CONFIGURATION 3 CABINS
- Navigation Pack B&G 2019
- Pulpits with wooden seats
- MS FUSION Player + 2 loudspeakers in salon
- Electrical circuit with 40 Amp battery charger
- 2 additional service batteries 140Amp
- Battery controller
- Helm seat cushions Dark Grey
- Flag halyards on spreaders
- Additional fuel tank (300Lt / 79US Gal, under floor of aft port cabin)
- Indirect lighting in cabins and salon
- Waterproof loudspeakers in cockpit
- Aft portholes in aft cabins with curtains
- Upper storage in salon on starboard
- Dinghy hoist system
- Leather bulkhead organizers in the cabins
- Electrical maneuver winch to port side 46.2 STAEH
- Electric seawater pump
- Deck wash pump sea water / fresh water
- Freshwater dock inlet
SPECIAL LEATHER UPHOLSTERY (Salon & Settees) - 3-CABIN VERSION
- AFT COCKPIT CUSHIONS - DARK GREY
- SUNLOUNGING AREA CUSHIONS WITH LIFTING BACKREST ON FOREDECK - DARK GREY
- 2 SUNLOUNGER PADS FOR TRAMPOLINE - DARK GREY
- SUNLOUNGING AREA CUSHIONS WITH LIFTING BACKREST ON THE ROOF - DARK GREY
SAILS AND RIGGING
- LAZY BAG WITH COVER – GRAPHITE
- EXTRA FOR DACRON SQUARE TOP MAINSAIL IN LIEU OF STANDARD
- STARBOARD ELECTRICAL MANOEUVRE WINCH 46.2STAEH
- CODE 0 RIG AND POLE
- OUTBOARD ENGINE BRACKET ON PUSHPIT (MAX 60KG)
- COMPOSITE BIMINI WITH WINDSCREEN AT HELM STATION & STAIRS FOR ACCESS TO THE ROOF GRAPHITE
- SIDES AROUND AFT COCKPIT WITH WINDOWS -Papyrus
- ICE MAKER 110V IN COCKPIT
- LARGE TEAK COCKPIT TABLE WITH COVER IN LIEU OF STANDARD COMPOSITE
- AFT COCKPIT FLOOR AND TRANSOMS IN TEAK
- ENGINES 2 x 57 HP (Yanmar 4JH57) upgrade option
- PAIR OF 3-BLADE FOLDING PROPELLERS FOR YANMAR 4JH57 (57HP)
- ONAN GENSET 13,5Kva 110V / 60Hz + COCOON
- AGM OR GEL BATTERIES IN LIEU OF ACID BATTERIES
- USB SOCKETS IN THE CABINS (x4) - 3 CABINS
- ELECTRICAL QUIET FLUSH TOILETS - 3-CABIN VERSION
- FANS IN SALON AND CABINS
- FREEZER 100 L / 26 US Gal WITH TOP OPENING -
- LOCKER AND MICROWAVE OVEN WITH 110V -
- WASHER/DRYER 110V -
CURTAINS & BLINDS
- CURTAINS ON SALON DOOR AND AFT WINDOW (Ombre)
- UNDER BED SLATS - 3-CABIN VERSION
|Fuel Capacity Gal||79|
|Fuel Tanks Capacity||299.05|
|Water Capacity Gal||79|
|Water Tanks Capacity||299.05|