- 15 m
- 3.6 m
- Tax Status
- Tax Paid
- Draft Max
- 2.3 m
- Boat Type
- Engine Make
- 1 x Perkins 4108
- RB Ref
- Engine Count
- Levington, Levington, Royaume Uni
- United Kingdom
Get an instant finance quote for this boat - click here
About this Holman 48
Holman 48 - a beautiful flush deck cruiser designed by Kim Holman with comfortable accommodation, nice manners, easy motion and a good turn of speed. She has been continuously improved and upgraded over the last fifteen years by her experienced and knowledgeable owners and is in excellent condition. A classic yacht with elegant lines, She is ready to go and only for sale as the owners are moving to power. Viewing by appointment at our Suffolk Office (IP10 0LN
The accommodation offers a maximum of eleven berths with full standing headroom and plentiful stowage throughout. There is a large owner's double berth forward with stowage under and large opening hatch to foredeck. Large wardrobe and plenty of shelf stowage. Separate heads compartment to starboard with marine toilet, washbasin and shower. Twin berths oposite, presently used as extra stowage. In saloon, two settee berths with pilot berth to port and twin pilot berths to starboard. Fixed table with drop leaves. Large chart table to starboard with good stowage for charts and books. Galley opposite. Three burner gimballed gas cooker with grill and oven. Refrigerator. Twin stainless steel sinks. 40 gallons freshwater capacity in stainless steel tank providing pressurised hot and cold water supply to galley and heads. Below the cockpit, two settees with pilot berths outboard.
New upholstery in the saloon and new mattresses to the forward berth in 2019.
Located under the doghouse sole, Perkins 4108 four cylinder 45hp diesel engine. Electric start. Freshwater cooled via heat exchanger. Shaft drive to fixed pitch three bladed propeller. 30 gallons fuel capacity in stainless steel tank gives approximately 200 mile range at 6 knots cruising speed. Single lever control. Recent maintenance work includes new gearbox, exhaust elbow, manifold, exhaust system, anodes and waterbox. Alternator charging to 2 x 12 volt domestic batteriesand Vetus engine start battery (2019). 240 volt shorepower. Battery charger. Immersion heater.
Spars & Sails:
Masthead rigged sloop. Painted aluminium alloy mast and boom by Proctor Spars. Stainless steel standing rigging (2010). Terylene running rigging (2000). Roller reefing to mainsail. Seareef and Profulr headsail furling systems. Four Lewmar sheet winches. Four Lewmar halyard winches. Two Lewmar control line winches. Two spinnaker poles. Jockey pole.
- Mainsail - Quantum Sails - 2008
- Furling Genoa - Quantum Sails - 2008
- No 1 Genoa - East Coast Sailsgood
- No 2 Genoa - Parke & Kaygood
- Mainsail - Parker & Kaygood
- Ghoster - Parker & Kayvery good
- Asymmetric - Parker & Kayas new
- Storm Jib - Ratsey - fair
- Two CQR anchors with plenty of chain and warp.
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and guardwires.
- Removable boarding ladder.
- Cockpit spray dodgers.
- Various warps and fenders.
- New loose cockpit cushions in 2019.
- Summer hatch covers to protect varnish work, new 2019
- Two Sestrel steering compasses.
- Raytheon depth.
- Raytheon boatspeed and log.
- Raymarine multi function display updated 2019
- B&G windspeed and direction.
- Raytheon autopilot.
- Furuno radar.
- VHF radio (new).
- Two Furuno GPS.
- Simrad colour chart plotter with repeater, navionics updated 2019.
- Digital yacht AIS transponder with silent switch.
- Navigation lights.
- Sestrel clock and barometer.
- Alpine radio/cassette.
- Most of the electronics are 2001 or later.
- Three fire extinguishers.
- Fire blanket.
- Gas alarm.
- Gas solenoid.
- First aid kit.
- Two horseshoe lifebuoys with floating lights and drogues.
- Electric bilge pump.
- Two manual bilge pumps.
- Avon inflatable dinghy.
History & Construction:
Built in 1964 by Berthon Boat Co to a design by Kim Holman. Blue painted carvel planked hull with varnished coamings. Copper and bronze fastened. Long keel with lead ballast and bronze keelbolts. Keel hung rudder. Aft self draining cockpit. Sheathed marine plywod decks with grey painted non-slip.
Holman 48 - a beautiful flush deck cruiser designed by Kim Holman with comfortable accommodation, nice manners, easy motion and a good turn of speed. She has been continuously improved and upgraded over the last fifteen years by her experienced and knowledgeable owners and is in excellent condition. A classic yacht with elegant lines, she is ready to go and only for sale as the owners are moving to power. New mainsail and furling genoa 2008.
|Engine Horse Power||45|