- 12 m
- $89,900 (£75,568)
- 3.2 m
- Hull Material
- Engine Make
- Boat Type
- Engine Model
- 42B Four
- RB Ref
- Engine Count
- North Kingstown, Rhode Island
- United States of America
About this Hinckley 41 Cutter
A beautiful classic vessel in extremely well cared for condition with many upgrades including hull planking and fastenings, aluminum spars, new rigging, sails, tanks, canvas and more.
Wraith has been set up for short handed cruising as well as sailing in classic yacht regattas. She handles easily, performs well and looks incredible. Call to see her today in Sales Tax free North Kingstown, RI.
Starting forward the stateroom has access to the anchor locker and storage, a Vee berth with shelves outboard and storage drawers underneath.
Next aft is the enclosed head to port and storage lockers to starboard.
The salon is next with port and starboard settees, a center-line folding leaf dining table and storage lockers, shelves and cabinets outboard and below.
The galley is aft with the stove and storage to port and sink and icebox to starboard.
The interior finish is freshly applied, painted white with bright varnish trim in the Herreshoff style giving much light and warmth. There is a soap stone wood stove to starboard, forward in the salon.
There are six fixed ports throughout and one opening port in the head. There are 2 overhead opening hatches and a solar vent for light and ventilation, one in the stateroom, the butterfly hatch in the salon and the solar vent in the head. The sole is teak and holly freshly finished throughout.
There is a set of restored Chelsea Boston clock and barometer in the salon, 2018.
Galley and Hospitality;
- Origo 3000 alcohol 2 burner stove
- Large capacity icebox
- Stainless steel sink
- Wilcox Crittendon Skipper Head
- Vanity sink
- Tankwatch holding tank indicator
- Jabsco pressure water pump, 2018
- 120vac, 30amp shore power connection with cord
- Water heater
- Battery charger
- 120vac/12vdc panel with circuit breakers, voltage and amp meters
- Batteries, 2019
- Rule 1500 and 2000 gph pumps with panel and float switches
Electronics and Navigation;
- Icom IC-M80 VHF radio
- Datamarine depth sounder
- Datamarine knot meter
- Datamarine wind speed/direction
- Datamarine distance log
- Constellation binnacle compass
Hull and Deck;
- Stainless steel ABI Danforth anchor with chain and rode
- Lofrans manual anchor windlass
- Chrome plated dorades with rebuilt boxes
- Chrome side stanchions with new lifelines
- Beige canvas dodger and cockpit awning, 2016
- Beige canvas covers for 3 hatches, 2 dorade boxes and
- Cockpit cushions
- A wood boarding/swim ladder
- 2 safety harnesses
- 2 Inflatable PFDs
- 3 type 1 offshore PFDs
- A custom canvas winter cover with frame, 2017
Sails and Rigging;
- Aluminum spar stepped on keel
- Stainless wire standing rigging
- Aluminum boom
- Rigid boom vang
- Aluminum telescoping whisker pole in deck chocks to port
- Spinnaker pole in deck chocks to starboard
- Mainsail with stack pack and 2 reefing points, 2016
- Genoa, 148 percent, 2016
- Staysail,, 2016
- Spare staysail, Doyle, never used
- Asymetrical spinnaker, Doyle, never used
- Harken roller furling forestay
- Lewmar 52ST coaming mounted primary winches (2)
- Lewmar 40ST coaming mounted secondaries (2)
- Lewmar 40ST cabin top winches (2)
- Line clutches on cabin top (2)
- Freshwater cooling system
- Fireboy engine room fire suppression
- New engine beds
- New motor mounts
- New cutlass bearing
Built in 1955, WRAITH's hull is double planked mahogany over white oak frames, her decks are laid teak laminated over a plywood sub-deck. Inshe underwent a major restoration including replacement of all underwater hull planking with an inner layer of Okume plywood and an outer layer of Philippine Mahogany. During this time, 50 of her oak frames were either replaced or sistered with new laminated frames. Her bronze fasteners, including the ballast bolts, floor bolts and plank fastenings were replaced. Since then, WRAITH has been judicially maintained, many of her systems have been upgraded and improved including tankage, and her sail inventory has been updated with period correct appearing narrow panel sails.
Wraith has been set up for short handed cruising as well as sailing in classic yacht regattas, including the Opera House Cup, Herreshoff Classic Yacht Regatta and Newport Classic Yacht Regatta.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
|Engine Horse Power||42.00|
|Fuel Capacity Gal||35|
|Fuel Tanks Capacity||132.49|
|No of Heads||1|
|Holding Tank Gal||25|
|Holding Tanks Capacity||94.64|
|Water Capacity Gal||30|
|Water Tanks Capacity||113.56|