- 16 m
- 4.7 m
- Tax Status
- Tax Paid
- Hull Material
- Boat Type
- Engine Make
- RB Ref
- Engine Model
- Engine Count
- Hythe Marina Village
- United Kingdom
Get an instant finance quote for this boat - click here
About this Broom 530
The Broom 530 is a further development of Broom Boats 50 OS range, offering a variety of additional attractive features. The 530 has a large transom bathing platform which is ideal for swimming, water sports and also for carrying a tender. Secure chocks are fitted to the platform area and the tender can be lifted on and off by the transom mounted crane
The boat is located on the Solent, so please contact us to arrange viewing.
"Walter Douglas" features the full aft deck option offering a larger open deck space with plenty of room for a table and chairs, twin Caterpillar C12 (700hp) diesel engines, 12 w Fischer Panda generator, Waste holding tanks fitted to both toilets, 10" Bowthruster, VHF Raymarine 230E radio with DSC, Raymarine ST6001, Raymarine RL80C 10"colour radar, Raymarine 631 -10" colour navigator/plotter with GPS, Cooney Pedestal Deck Crane and Full Teak Decks. With over 100 options individually specified by the current and only owner, this is a superb example of this Broom flagship model - rarely available on the market and in the condition as presented.
The Broom 530 is a further development of the 50 OS range, offering a variety of additional attractive features. The 530 has a large transom bathing platform which is ideal for swimming, water sports and also for carrying a tender. Secure chocks can be fitted to the platform area and the tender can be lifted on and off by either a transom mounted crane or a special lifting passerrelle. The aft deck of the 530 comes with a choice of layouts. First there is the standard 50 OS enclosed cockpit (AC) or the full deck option (AD). This offers a larger open deck space with plenty of room for a table and chairs.Craft Layout
Forward Guest Cabin
The forward guest cabin in the 530 is really superior with an ensuite shower and toilet compartment. There is plenty of space for storage together with overhead lockers
A spacious forward heads is provided with sea toilet, moulded in washbasin and vanity unit with mixer tap. Shower compartment. 240 volt shaver point. Mirror. Towel rail, toilet paper holder plus toothbrush and glass holder.
Complete with two single berths, bedside table, wardrobe and separate dressing room with storage cupboards. There is direct access to the heads compartment opposite to the mid cabin.
Dominating the centre of the craft is the deck saloon which has both a dining area and comfortable lounge seating. The raised dining area has excellent visibility yet is conventionally located near the galley. The powerful shaft driven diesel engines are located low down below the deck saloon. This enables the best possible stability and sea going qualities. There is very good access to the engine room for routine maintenance and for full service, the floor area can be removed easily.
Aft Master Cabin
The aft cabin is a real home from home with plenty of conventional storage and cupboard space
Aft Master Cabin Toilet
Complete with sea toilet, moulded wash basin and vanity unit with a cupboard and mirror. Mixer tap for hot and cold water supply. 240 volt shaving point. Towel rail and toilet paper holder, plus toothbrush and glass holder.
Separate space with hot and cold water shower mixer tap. Moulded in seat and all easy clean surfaces
Upholstery and Interior Fabrics
The choice of materials is very flexible to meet customers requirements. Externally, vinyl covering is standard material in a single colour with piping. Internally, the owner is free to choose from the range of materials offered by our interior designers
- One of the pleasures of owning a Broom boat is that you get to choose the colours and fabrics from a large range of quality materials, which stamps your own individual taste and life style into the craft
- At the design stage of the hull, the transom was given an immense amount of thought. The first aim was to provide a choice of methods to carry a tender, each one to allow for the variety of use and areas that the 530 can operate. This has been achieved by a choice of: An electric crane located on the port side Having resolved the situation, attention was given to providing easy access by incorporating the built in steps and finally the location of the picture windows which double as escape hatches.
At the heart of every serious cruising vessel is the galley. With the 50, Broom have surpassed their previous efforts to provide a huge working area which incorporates a fully electric system of hob, and microwave combination oven. There is of course, plenty of cupboard and storage space. A washer dryer comes as standard under the hob with a fridge freezer at the forward end of the galley.Design
Designed by John Bennett, the hull and superstructure are manufactured by Broom's associate company Aquafibre. The mouldings are of excellent quality and are produced using hand laid chopped strand mat and woven rovings in Lloyds approved isopthalic gel coat and resin, over double brushed isophthalic gel coat all but eliminating the risk of osmosis. Substantial transverse and longitudinal stringers are incorporated throughout the hull for strength. The hull and deck joint is both riveted and bonded.Standard Specification
- 8 heavy duty mooring cleats.
- Delta anchor in self-stowing bow roller.
- 20 fathoms of 9.5mm calibrated anchor chain.
- Electric anchor winch with dual control.
- Main shoreline with 240 volt ring main.
- Twin electric horn.
- 2 screen wipers. (variable speed)
- Screen washers.
- 1-12 volt socket in cockpit.
- VHF radio with aerial.
- Echo sounder.
- Speed and distance recorder.
- 2 compasses.
- 2 fuel gauges.
- Clock and barometer.
- Fresh water gauge.
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine room.
- 3 hand held fire extinguishers.
- 5 electric bilge pumps.
- 1 hand bilge pump.
- Boat hook.
- Swim platform ladder with extension.
- Power steering system.
- 240v sockets in each cabin (dependent on layout).
- Adjustable trim tabs.
- Bow thruster.
- Radio player in deck saloon with 2 speakers.
- 2 lifebuoys.
- 4 mooring ropes.
- 8 large fenders.
- Fender baskets. (6 forward & 2 aft)
- Ensign & staff.
- Galley extractor fan.
- Engine room fan.
- Engine tool kit.
- 2 shaver points.
- Battery charger linked to shoreline.
- 12 kw diesel generator.
- 24 volt electrics.
- Battery state indicator.
- 2 electric toilets.
- Waste holding tank.
- 2 showers.
- 1 refrigerator.
- 1 freezer.
- Hot-air ducted heating system to each cabin.
- Electric hob unit.
- Microwave combination oven.
- Calorifier water heater with 240 v Immersion heater.
- Transom bathing platform.
- Aft deck shower
- Stainless steel propeller shafts.
- Washer dryer in galley.
- Drinks fridge in saloon.
- 2 freestanding tub chairs in the saloon.
- Cathodic protection
- 2 stainless fuel tanks (220 gals/ 1000 Ltrs each)
- Stainless steel water tank (130 gals/ 590 Ltrs).
- Stainless steel staunchion rails all round.
- Covers for deck equipment.
- Covers for lower front screens.
- Tinted glass in windows (except upper screens).
- Stainless steel frames to windows.
- Deck seats with cushions.
- Teak lay on aft deck.
- Provision for liferaft stowage.
- Table on aft deck.
Broom 530 motor cruiser built to standard specification
Additional charge for twin Caterpillar C12 (700hp) diesel engines in place of standard units
|No of Heads||2|
|Hull Type||Modified Vee|
|Drive Transmission Description||Direct|
|Engine Horse Power||1440.0|