- First 40
- Tax Status
- Tax Unpaid
- 13 m
- 3.9 m
- Engine Make
- Draft Max
- 2.0 m
- Engine Model
- Draft Min
- 2.0 m
- Engine Count
- Hull Material
- Boat Type
- RB Ref
- The Moorings Yacht Brokerage
- United Kingdom
- Broker Office
- Sunsail Brokerage UK
- +1 954 925-4150
Get an instant finance quote for this boat - click here
About this Beneteau First 40
40' Beneteau FirstSUNSAIL 4015
Sold 'AS IS, WHERE IS'
BUILDERS COMMENTS: Designed by Bruce Farr, the Beneteau First 40 does an admirable job of blending a truly fast hull with a very stylish interior. The interior has been designed by Nauta Design and is finished in an Alpi blond oak which certainly adds a touch a class and comfort throughout the vessel. The First 40 is built somewhat conservatively with a solid hull and cored deck and accessible areas on deck covered in "picot" type non-slip surface.
The galley is immediately to port when you come below. It’s well thought out, with stainless steel sink facing forward, a good sized icebox/fridge and a two-burner stove with oven/ grill. The wraparound navigation station is opposite the galley and is the best feature of the interior. It includes a chart table and a desk, perfect for a computer, and plenty of room for radios and repeaters. The saloon includes settees port and starboard with storage above.
BROKERS COMMENTS: "SUNSAIL 4015" continues the tradition of the First 40.7 and is a thoroughbred amongst racer/cruisers. The interior layout is modern and comfortable and yet the First 40 has had highly impressive racing results, showing a winning combination of style and performance. The Beneteau First 40 is a proven winner already.
Below the forward cabin offers a V-berth, a dressing chair and a small hanging locker. The head is to starboard and is surprisingly spacious.There are two equal double cabins aft and the saloon has one single berth to port and one starboard. A centre-line table opens up to allow seating for most of the crew.
The Beneteau First 40 is a performance boat that we can all aspire to, and that’s vital in these difficult times. It is designed for “like” racing, not one-design, and that’s also important today. This boat appeals on many levels to be sure, but what will assure the success of the First 40 is the fact that it lives up to its name.
AVAILABILITY: For immediate purchase
All viewings by prior appointment only please.
Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 09:00 am to 17:00 pm.
- HULL CONSTRUCTION: Hull infusion (Glass – Polyester). Injection moulded hull (Sandwich/ Glass fiber / Balsa wood / Polyester resin)
- DECK MATERIAL: Accessible areas covered in a “picot” type non-slip surface.
- RUDDER TYPE: Hung rudder with self aligning rocker bearings.
- KEEL TYPE: Cast Iron Shallow Draught Keel
- KEEL LENGTH: 1,95 m / 6'39" ft
- WHERE BUILT: Beneteau - SPBISA, Dompierre Sur Yon, France
- ENGINE: Yanmar 3JH5E (40cv), H.P 39
- ENGINE NUMBER: E10430
- FUEL TYPE: Diesel
- LAST SERVICED: March 2019
- ENGINE HOURS RUN/DATE: 4,000 to 4,500 (estimated average). The Yanmar digital hour meters are no longer offered under warranty by Yanmar).
- CONTROLS: Engine throttle and control panel to starboard
- COOLING SYSTEM: Heat exchange
- TRANSMISSION: Sail Drive - Replaced with SD60 version - Fitted new in April 2017, Serviced December 2018
- EC CERTIFICATE: A/B/C – 12 Person
- TYPE OF PROP: Fold away dual-blade propeller
- ANTI-FOULED: December 2019
NAVIGATION & ELECTRONICS
- GAS DETECTOR: (1) Vetus
- AIS 600 - Class B AIS Transceiver
SAILS AND RIGGING
- TYPE: (1) SPARCRAFT PERFORMANCE standard electro polished aluminium mast – 2 aft swept spreaders
- MAST HEIGHT: M 19.205 / FT 63' 00
- SPAR MAKER/MATERIAL: Profurl
- STANDING RIGGING MATERIAL: DYFORM cable
- RUNNING RIGGING MATERIAL: Sheet trimming type “German System”; Mainsail sheet track in aluminium with ball-bearing traveler in cockpit bottom
- MAINSAIL REEFING: Yes (3 reefs)
- HEADSAIL ROLLER FURLING GENOA: (1) Yes - Ullmans Dacron, Replaced in March 2017
- BOOM VANG: (1) SPARCRAFT Anodized aluminium swinging boom track mounted on mast; fixed boom kicking strap
- ADDITIONAL SAILS: Storm Jib - : Hyde DCXH, Replaced in March 2018
- SPINNAKER: (1) 1.5oz, Replaced in 2016
- RIG CHECKED: December 2018
- GENOA SHEET WINCHES: (2) Harken 50, 2 Speed, Self Tailing
- SPINNAKER WINCHES: (2) Harken 50, 2 Speed, Self Tailing
- RIGGING WINCHES: (2) Harken 50, 2 Speed, Self Tailing
- FRESH WATER PUMP:
- COOKER TYPE: ENO (2 hob oven cooker on mounting)
- GRILL: (1) Yes
- FRIDGE: (1) Vitrifrigo Model: BN100 – BNT; Compressor: ACC GD30FDC; Power: 42W; Input Volts: 12-42Vcc
- ICEBOX: Yes - 100 Liter Icebox drained by foot pump
- SINK: (1) Rectangular stainless steel sink in galley; (1) Mixer tap cold water
- MARINE TOILET: (1) Yes - WC Quiet Flush Electric Toilet
- HAND BASINS: Cold water mixer/ shower hose under pressure
- UPHOLSTERY/ COLOUR SCHEME: Cream Leatherette (saloon only):
- INTERIOR CONSTRUCTION/WOOD TYPE: Alpi Blond Oak; parquet type laminated floors
- COOKWARE: (Yes) Pax 8
- LINENS: No
- VOLTAGE: 12 volt circuit/ 12v socket / 220v AC
- ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT: 12 v Electrical panel (breaker; voltmeter; water gauge; fuel gauge; battery warning; fuel warning.
- HOUSE BATTERIES: (2) Yes
- ENGINE BATTERIES: (1)Yes
- GENERATOR BATTERIES: No
- ALTERNATOR: 12 V 80 Amps
- SPRAY HOOD: (1) Yes
- WARPS/ SPRINGS: (4) Warps lines, (2) Spring lines
- FENDERS: (6)
- ANCHOR WINDLASS: Quick 12v with up/ down handheld remote control
- PRIMARY ANCHOR: (1) Yes
- SECONDARY ANCHOR: Yes
Service And Maintenance History
This yacht has been professionally maintained by Sunsail Yacht Charters from her delivery from the factory until now. During this charter history, a full systems check is done between each and every charter and all necessary repairs are made. This means that the average charter yacht in our fleet spend betweendays per year on our maintenance docks where our trained mechanics, technicians, and cleaners make sure that our yachts are in the best of condition.