- Kelly Peterson
- $159,000 (£121,634)
- KP 46
- 14 m
- Engine Make
- 4.1 m
- Engine Model
- Draft Max
- 2.0 m
- Engine Count
- Fin Keel
- Hull Material
- Boat Type
- RB Ref
- Lighthouse Point, FL
- Denison Yacht Sales
- United States of America
- Contact Name
- Jamie Telcik
- Broker Name
- Derek Jarvis
- 001 954.763.3971
About this Kelly Peterson KP 46
Tara is a beautiful example of the Kelly Peterson 46 that has recently upgraded for bluewater cruising. She was built in the Queen Long yard in Taiwan under the supervision of Jack Kelly who produced some legendary yachts including the smaller sistership the KP 44. The Doug Peterson design is known for safe comfortable sailing with a good turn of speed.
She comes fully loaded with all the gear wanted for extended cruising including upgrades from 2016
New Raymarine electronics (2016)
75 hp Yanmar diesel engine with 212 hours
Westerbeke 7.6 generator
Two zone air conditioning
Vetus bow thruster
Stainless steel ports
Tara does not have teak decks
12v Spectra watermaker, 200 gals per day
Please call broker for an appointment
- Satin varnished teak woodwork and joinery throughout. Teak & holly cabin sole throughout.
- Formica countertops and lined hanging lockers.
- Teak grab rails in most all areas.
- Deluxe grey/ blue interior cushions.
- Removable padded headliner.
- Original Deck hatches (4) were replaced with Manship SS dual opening hatches in 2008.
- Original portlights (17) were replaced with stainless steel opening portlights with tempered glass and Screens in 2012 .
- Also in 2012 a major rework of the woodwork below, much teak replaced, Textured overhead panels replaced, and 110 rewiring replaced.
- Forward facing, portside galley with double ss deep sink with hot and cold pressure water, utility cover/cutting boards, plus manual footpump.
- Ventilation hatch above and behind to cockpit plus side port lights.
- Two cold food storage areas (freezer & refrigerator) cooled by Grunert 12v, seawater cooled, cold plate system with large temperature gauges.
- 3 burner propane stove with oven/ broiler.
- Plate & utensil storage areas plus raised serving bar in front of sink
- Lots of LED lighting in the galley area.
Icom M602 VHF with Cockpit remote.
Icom M710 SSB with AT-130 Tuner and Insulated backstay Antenna
All new in 2016: Electronics replaced due to lightning strike, Survey available
- Raymarine A Series 9 inch MFD at the chart table. With Navionics and Lighthouse Charts.
- Raymarine A series 7 MFD in the cockpit.
- Raymarine Evolution Autopilot with P70 R control head.
- Raymarine Digital 48 mile Radar
- Raymarine AIS
- Raymarine i60 Wind direction and speed
- Raymarine i50 Depth
- Raymarine i50 Speed and Log
- Stereo with Bose speakers
- Samsung flat screen Television with Mast head Camera
- Ship Computer with digital Charts, separate GPS, Chart table display, manuals, and maintenance records
Ships system is standard 12VDC with a 50 amp /125VAC shore power inlet.
Large electrical control panel with marine grade circuit breakers for all primary circuits and battery condition digital displays (2018)
- Westerbeke model 7.6BTD producing 63.3 amps at 120 volts. Auxiliary generator located portside amidships, fresh water cooled, 3 cylinder 100 hours total time, Sufficient to drive both AC units plus other potential 120vac power needs. Genset has its own 50 amp alternator
- Batteries:One 8D house, one 8D for engine and two Group 31s forward for Windlass and Thruster.
- Xantrex Freedom 25 combination Charger / Inverter.
- Fwd battery Charger is a Genius 20 amp charger.
- Link- 10 battery monitor.
- Two Engine Driven Ample Power Alternators with 4 stage charge controller
- 50 amp Guest Galvanic Isolator;
- YachtGard marine electronics 12 VDC surge suppressor.
- Cockpit panel with 12VDC outlet, and two USB outlets. Switchs for LED Spreader Lights, Blower ,
- 12VDC outlets and two USB outlets at the chart table.
- Several 110 outlets throughout the boat with GFI outlets in the heads and galley.
Engine And Mechanical
Engine and Mechanical
- Yanmar Model 4JH4-TE 75 hp Installed in2010 total time 212 hours.,
- Dual Ample power alternators producing over 140 amps.
- Smart regulator used for controlling charge levels.
- Racor 500FG primary fuel/water filter with (OEM) secondary filter.
- PSS dripless Shaft seal with new bellows and seals in 2016
- Large size Groco raw water strainer
- Jabsco bilge blower.
- Many engine spares & filters.
- New sound insulation recently installed on many engine room panels.
- Vetus 9512 electric bow thruster controlled by a joystick on wheel pedestal in cockpit.
- Two Group 31 Batteries located in the bow, ensure more than adequate available power for the thruster and windlass.
- These batteries have their own charger and also have a 4 ought cable coming from the main batteries for charging.
- The thruster aperture was finished with leading edge fairings to help direct water flow so as to minimize drag.
- Two Marine Air air conditioners
- Main Salon Marine Air Vector Compact 16000 BTU
- Aft Cabin Marine Air Vector Compact 12000 BTU
- Upgraded Smart Controllers 2016
- New halon system in engine room (2018)
Tankage And Plumbing
Tankage and Plumbing
- The two heads are freshwater plumbed Raritan electric toilets. Separate holding tanks with deck pump out fixtures topside and electric overboard pump out for each tank.
- Automatic pressure water system flowing through poly tubing with large filter and pulsation dampener.
- 10 gallon dual heat source Seaward Stainless Steel water heater.
- 4 Stainless Steel water tanks each holding approximately 50 gallons under main salon sole. Extra access ports added to ensure access to all areas inside these baffled tanks. Tanks professionally cleaned and interiors lined with special FDA approved sealant to ensure long life and no leakage.
- 12v -DC 200 gallon per day Spectra Watermaker located port side in generator room.
- Central sump utilizes auto switched Whale electric macerator pump;.
- All thru- hulls and seacocks were replaced with new bronze units in 2006 as well as all new hoses Seacocks are ball valve type.
- Bilge pumps include Rule computerized 3700gph, Rule 1100gph, Jabsco diaphragm pump and Whale manual pump. All bilge and gray water are discharged through 4 hull fittings located above waterline on port side.
- The two fuel tanks of approx. 75 gallons each are welded stainless steel, located amidship on either side of vessel with access ports installed
- Salt water anchor wash down pump and deck outlet
Never damaged; extra heavy layup with foam inner core in sides and deck; Deck and topside are original gelcoat and topsides polish up well.
- Epoxy barrier coat 11/2001 after repair of some minor blisters.
- New Cast polished Stainless cowl vents installed in 2008
- All new polished stainless deck hatches 2007.
- New polished stainless port lights installed in 2012.
- 2 new custom Kelly Peterson mast pulpits deck either side of mast installed 2015.
Sails &Amp; Rigging
- New mainsail, mast furling design with 3 synthetic vertical battens
- 1 cruising spinnaker
- Hood 130% Genoa
- Hood staysail
- Storm jib.
- Extra used 140% genoa.
- All sails in very good condition!!
- Note: mainsail rig can be re-converted back to conventional style if desired using luff groove & slab reefing with minimal effort (all rigging parts included).
- Rigging and chainplates inspected 2018, reports available
Anchor and Ground Tackle
- 45lb CQR anchor on twin stainless steel bow rollers with 300ft 3/8 BBB rode.
- Fortress 55 aluminum spade type anchor
- Spare nylon rode with chain
Hull was constructed in the well known Queen Long Marine Co. Ltd. shipyard in Kaohshiung, Taiwan based on licensed design by Doug Peterson, Naval Architect. Electrical & mechanical completed in the USA at Jack Kelly’s yard in San Diego, California. Layout is two sleeping cabins (one forward one aft) each with complete heads and showers.
Galley to port, nav station to Starboard, large main Salon with settee to starboard, bar and couch with which pulls out to make a birth to port. Engine room amidships with generator room to port and walk thru to aft cabin to starboard.