- 6 m
- Engine Make
- 2.1 m
- Engine Model
- Sea Horse
- Draft Max
- 0.7 m
- Engine Count
- Bilge Keel
- petrol 2 stroke
- Hull Material
- Boat Type
- RB Ref
- United Kingdom
About this Valiant 18
Welcome sailors and sea people :)
Let me introduce you to Olivia. She is a very comfy day boat with simple set for staying over night as it has happened to me quite a few times in Cornwall. Olivia would accommodate easily four people so if you please to take your friend/s or small family off you go and relax. 2014 new sail set + windex work fantastic. Any time you wish to drop the anchor it's there waiting in fairlead with chain stored under deck in forepeak - simple. Screen cockpit will shelter you from wind while enjoying your book. Johnson 9.9 would help when breeze is gone. The hull is a bilge keel so you can go tidal. Trailer will allow to transport the boat on shore anywhere you please.
What has been done by me:
- Outboard: New NGK spark plugs, New impeller
- Cockpit: New, 12mm marine ply hatches painted with proper Hempel marine paint
- New, Iroko hardwood attachment for anchor
- Interior: Complete new electric installation along with switch box, new 8mm marine ply berth hatches, new bilge hatch, entire cabin/coach was painted with Hempel marine paint. Brand new foams upholstery + blinds, new hob, I got her couple new Barton blocks and Dyneema ropes to improove trimming, main and jib led to the cockpit.
- 2014 Rowsell Sails set ( main + ties + cover, roller jib, screen cockpit )
- Johnson 9.9 outboard + 12L tank
- Anchor + chain
- Standard Horizon VHF radio + antena to the mast's top, looks new, works fine
- Solar panel + charging controller next to switch box back inside the cabin
- Log & Depth
- Hob, sink, battery lamp
- Hand bilge pump, orange lifebuoy, yellow horseshoe lifebuoy, lifebuoy light, rain gear ( Gill rain jacket + Gill rain pants + racing gloves ), Dunlop rubber boots, Couple of other ropes.
The only treatment she needs to be fully happy is new varnish/some bright work. Had not enough time for which I do apologise.
I have accomplished quite a few sailing trips around Cornwall and it was great fun! A week ago Olivia has been lifted, cleaned under water line and now she is covered and safely kept on trailer in boatyard just outside Falmouth.
I am happy to provide with any further information.
Boatbuilder and keen sailor Arthur