- $89,500 (£66,557)
- Mini Transat 6.50
- 7 m
- Engine Make
- 3.1 m
- Engine Model
- Draft Max
- 2.0 m
- Engine Count
- Canting Keel
- Hull Material
- Los Angeles, CA
- Boat Type
- United States of America
- RB Ref
About this Prototype Mini Transat 6.50
Designed by Pierre Roland. Built in the USA by D.Wood, this prototype Mini 6.50 has less than 2,800nm under its keel. "Biohazard" is completely build out of carbon fiber and optimized with amazing design features such as a canting keel, water ballasts, centerboard, twin rudders, a 12 foot bowsprit and a planning hull powered up by a 40 foot carbon mast.
Well known Mini 6.50s/Open 5.70s builder and offshore racer, Jerome Sammarcelli, purchased the boat in 2015 and completely refitted it. The boat has been meticulously maintained and is fully equipped for offshore racing. In 2016, the boat has always finished on the podium, and also won the well known "Bishop Rock Race", a 200nm singlehanded race to Cortez Bank. Biohazard remains the smallest boat on the race course but is always one of the first to finish! Biohazard is ready for some serious offshore sailing and completely optimized for singlehanded or double handed sailing. Of course, you can always participate to regular buoy and coastal point to point races.
Under PHRF Southern California, the boat rates 140 (buoy), 123 (RLC) and 120 (OWC).
A recent survey (April 2016) established the replacement value of Biohazard at $120,000.
Description And Complete Equipment
HULL, DECK, KEEL, RUDDERS AND DAGGABOARD.
Carbon composite cored FRP Hull and Deck
Primer epoxy barrier under waterline - newly sprayed in Summer 2015
Citrus Green Awlcraft Paint on Keel, centerboard, rudders and accents on deck (roof, toe rails, hatches,…) - newly sprayed in Summer 2015
White Alwcraft paint on hull and non-nonskid - newly sprayed in Summer 2015.
Light Grey Alwcraft Non-skid on deck - newly sprayed in Summer 2015
RUNNING RIGGING - ALL NEW MARLOW ROPES 2016
Complete set of halyards - masthead spinnaker, fractional spinnaker, main sail and jib.
Complete kit for running rigging on deck - including sheets for spinnaker and genoae.
Additional Reefing kit for genoa - including tack line, reefing sheets, and low friction rings
Additional Vertical bowsprit adjustment
Additional Tweakers for Code 0 and Spinnakers
Halyard Snuffers - to keep halyards out of sun
Rope Clutches Upgrade - 12 new Constrictor® textile rope clutches.
SPARS AND STANDING RIGGING
Forespar Carbon Mast - includes VHF antenna, wind indicator, Lopolight LED tricolor light and NKE Wind transducer.
Carbon Boom - includes 3 shelves for reefing and outhaul.
Carbon Bowsprit - 12 feet long, reinforced for Code 0 attachment and adjustable bobstay from cockpit.
Running Backstays - 3 levels: masthead, main hound and baby stay. All Dyneema and adjustable on deck.
Headstay and Shrouds - All Dyneema DM20 Max from Marlow Ropes. All custom lashing at deck and spreaders level.
Babystay - adjustable from cockpit with 4:1 purchase
Square Top Main - 3 reefs - good condition.
Jib - Medium Pentex Laminate, with 2 reefs - good condition.
A2 - UK Sailmakers Masthead Asymmetrical Spinnaker, light 0.75oz
A3 - Masthead Asymmetrical Spinnaker, light 0.75oz
A5 - Fractional Asymmetrical Spinnaker, heavy - 1.3oz
Code 0 - Racing Laminate Genaker, Vectran Rope Luff (includes Karver Code 0 Furling Kit with continuous furling line).
Storm Jib - orange Dacron, 8.3oz, 1 reef
Also additional sails, all by All Purpose, in good condition:
A2 - Masthead Asymmetrical Spinnaker, light 0.75oz
A3 - Masthead Asymmetrical Spinnaker, light 0.90oz
A5 - Fractional Asymmetrical Spinnaker, heavy - 1.3oz
NKE Package with Autopilot - completed serviced, updated with latest firmwares by S A I L U T I O N S and NKE France
- Depth Sensor
- Ultrasonic Speed Sensor
- High Resolution Wind Speed / Direction Sensor
- GyroComputer 2 Autopilot
- Gyrographic Display - mounted on articulated bracket down below.
- Multigraphic Color Display - mounted on custom articulating carbon bracket in the cockpit.
- True Wind / SOG Gyropilot Upgrade
- High Frequency GPS Antenna - with high resolution SOG for better accuracy.
- Gyropilot Wireless Remote Package
- NKE Compass
1 x Bearing Compass with sun cover.
VHF - Standard Horizon PHANTOM Series PS1000 with external mic in cockpit. Connected via NMEA for GPS input.
RC 10 AIS receiver - with separate antenna, wired via NMEA to NKE Topline bus and displayed on NKE Multigraphic.
3' VHF Mast Head Antenna
Mast Head Tri Color Lopolight LED Navigation Light - with light sensor for automatic on/off operation.
MerVeille Radar Detector
Garmin handheld GPS - with power and NMEA cable - connected to NKE Topline bus.
ELECTRICAL - all brand new wiring 2016
- 2 x 6 BlueSea waterproof switches, red/white cabin light
- Carbon Fiber custom hinged battery box.
- 1 x Victron Lion Lithium 12V Battery 90 Ah. Wiring Ready for a second battery
- 2 x 12V Power adapter plugs
- Victron BMV702 Energy Precision Battery Monitor
POWER - all brand new wiring 2016
- 2 x 50 Watts Flexible Solar Panel - mounted on transom with Victron MPPT Charge Controller.
HARDWARE & ADDITIONAL ACCESSORIES
- Equipped with Harken, Antal and Carver and Ino-Blocks
- 95% of stainless pad-eyes and attachments replaced with Custom Soft Pad-eyes
- Harken Low Friction Rings Upgrade
- Ino-block for Fractional Spinnaker Halyard
- 3 x Antal 16.2 Self Tailing Winches
- Rope Clutches Upgrade - New textile rope clutches featuring less abrasion and more control of halyards and guys.
- 2 x New Spinlock XAS0408 for the running backstays.
- Dyneema Life lines with Dyneema Chafe Cover on the upper life line.
- Outboard Brackets - transom mounted with outside and inside G-10 compression plates
- Rope Bags by Outils Ocean - brand new indown below, 4 in cockpit)
- Kit for Vertical Bowsprit Adjuster
- 1 x Spinlock Tiller Extension - with Handle Grip and Diabolo.
- 1 x Winch Handle Pocket - mounted by companion way.
- 1 x Custom Canvas Cover - UV / rain tent covers the boat from bow to stern (over boom)
- Mercury 3.5HP Outboard Motor, Long shaft with modified fuel pump to run the outboard with external fuel tank.
Interior Canvas and Storage
- Port & starboard storage / stacking canvas with shelves
- Storage pockets with windows inside roof and companionway
- Dyneema stacking / hanging lines around perimeter of interior
- 2 x Cabin Lights- red / white LED light
TRAILER AND ACCESSORIES
Double Axle Road Trailer
- custom padded fiberglass cradles
- Spreader bar with lifting gear for crane launching
- running lights
- tie-down straps