- 14 m
- $549,000 (£428,926)
- 4.3 m
- Draft Max
- 1.4 m
- Engine Make
- Hull Material
- Engine Model
- 6C 8.3L
- Boat Type
- Engine Count
- RB Ref
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- United States of America
About this Nordic Tugs 2018
Nordic Explorer started its life as a 2004 Nordic Tug. She was purchased and thoroughly restored by our company in 2018. The comprehensive eight months restoration included, but was not limited to, a complete repainting with multiple coats of sprayed AWLCRAFT ® primer and finishing restoration. A factory remanufactured CUMMINS ® 6CTA 8.3 liter supplied by CUMMINS MARINE® and installed by an authorized CUMMINS MARINE® dealer with full factory warranty.
Also included in the restoration……
• New 12kW NORTHERN LIGHTS® generator with full NORTHERN LIGHTS® factory warranty
• New custom white headliner and vinyl wall coverings throughout
• All teak timber and trim renewed or replace and varnished with custom additions
• New AMTICO® teak and holly flooring throughout
• New LEBROC® helm chair in wheelhouse
• All new, designer supplied, high quality, stain resistant, soft good fabrics and mattresses throughout,
• including all berths, pilothouse bench, salon settee, nav. station bench and numerous decorative pillows.
• New or refurbished, three zone reverse cycle air conditioners
• A completely updated galley, including microwave, refrigerator and stove
• Extensive rewiring that exceeds current manufacturers standards with new LED lighting throughoutIntroduction
Nordic Explorer started its life as a 2004 Nordic Tug. She was purchased and thoroughly restored by Luke Brown Yacht in 2018. The comprehensive eight months restoration included, but was not limited to, a complete repainting with multiple coats of sprayed AWLCRAFT® primer and finishing restoration. A factory remanufactured CUMMINS® 6CTA 8.3 liter supplied by CUMMINS MARINE® and installed by an authorized CUMMINS MARINE® dealer with full factory warranty.
Also included in the restoration……
- New 12kW NORTHERN LIGHTS® generator with full NORTHERN LIGHTS® factory warranty
- New custom white headliner and vinyl wall coverings throughout
- All teak timber and trim renewed or replace and varnished with custom additions
- New AMTICO® teak and holly flooring throughout
- New LEBROC® helm chair in wheelhouse
- All new, designer supplied, high quality, stain resistant, soft good fabrics and mattresses throughout, including all berths, pilothouse bench, salon settee, nav. station bench and numerous decorative pillows.
- New or refurbished, three zone reverse cycle air conditioners
- A completely updated galley, including microwave, refrigerator and stove
- Extensive rewiring that exceeds current manufacturers standards with new LED lighting throughout
Having been a Nordic Tug dealer for many years gave our team an opportunity to be involved in the construction, commissioning and customer warranty support for each model in Nordic Tugs’ product line. Recognizing that no boat is perfect and there is always room for improvement the firm chose to acquire a 2004 Nordic Tug 42, built at a time when the American boat industry was producing the best examples of their product lines. From there, a complete restoration was undertaken. Many of the systems were improved, based on the experiences gained over time. Items like heavier gauged wire, inline fuses, which weren't used in the original construction, larger thru hulls and enhanced system engineering, helped to create the best example of one of Nordic Tugs finest models.
The Nordic Tug 42 which was reintroduced as the Nordic Tug 44 in 2016 is the perfect model to remanufacture, as our team has done. No coring in the hull, combined with foam coring in the decks (no balsa wood), along with the finest hand layout fiberglass production, provides a vessel that can be reborn to exceed the standards of today's model.
Completely refurbished using the latest techniques and methods and utilizing only the highest quality parts, components and OEM equipment, she has over 90 new and upgraded components from her original build, component list, including her new, remanufactured CUMMINS ® engine and new NORTHERN LIGHTS® generator, which provides full warranty support and peace of mind, while saving tens of thousands of dollars for her new owners. Her hull, running gear, bottom and stainless has been completely serviced or replaced.
The industry has long accepted two‐part copolymer paint, like AWLCRAFT® used on Nordic Explorer to be superior to the best gelcoat finishes. In our experience and opinion, she has been given one of the finest paint jobs that we have ever seen on a motor yacht. Most of her running gear including prop has been upgraded or replaced. After painting, she was given a complete bottom paint process including sanding off original factory bottom paint, sanding the gel coat, applying two coats of Inter Protect 2000 barrier coat and two coats of Trinidad Pro bottompaint. Prop speed was applied to the running gear. Bennett trim tabs were added to her configuration and the entire vessel was compounded and waxed.
Her interior has been Completely refinished or replaced by some of the top master craftsmen in Fort Lauderdale, all teak and wood components have been inspected and, if not deemed suitable for a new boat, replaced. All toilet plumbing on the boat has been upgraded and replaced. Lighting has all been upgraded to LED inside and outside of the boat. All appliances are new and the latest design.
She represents a unique opportunity to purchase an iconic trawler, built by one of North Americas finest companies, with many unique benefits only recently available to the consumer.Pilothouse
The Nordic Tug 44 pilothouse features comfortable lounge areas, full 360‐degree views and direct access to the decks from both sides of the vessel. The roomy recessed helm station features a large ship style wheel, chart table with drawers and lots of room for the latest electronics. This model features plenty of walking space around the beautiful Ermine white Llebroc Tradewinds S2 helm chair.Salon
Just four steps down from the pilot house is a well‐appointed salon with teak entertainment center, 22” UHD flat panel TV and deluxe sound system that adds to the enjoyment of any day or night. A comfortable settee with underseat storage that converts to an additional berth and the well‐equipped, u‐shaped galley features a full‐size AC/DC refrigerator/freezer, electric range, microwave oven, and hide‐away teak trash bin. Corian counter tops and handcrafted Teak cabinetry are used throughout. All soft goods in the boat including mattresses and seat cushions have just been replaced and upgraded.Master Stateroom
The comfortable master stateroom features a queen‐sized bed with ample storage, including hanging locker and drawer space for extended cruising.Guest Stateroom
The surprisingly functional guest stateroom has been completely refinished in teak with the latest lighting fixtures and the ability to easily add a pullman bunk to the installed double bed. This is the ideal for a growing family.Navigation System
The navigation station is located off the companion way and provides a comfortable seat and chart table with convenient access to all power distribution panels. It has been upgraded to include USB and other modern charging facilities.Power Station
Powered by a single CUMMINS 6C 8.3L 430HP @ 2,600 RPM Inboard electronic control, diesel engine the Nordic Tugs 42/44 offers top speed approximately 17 to 18 knots, with an economical cruising range of reportedly 1400 nautical miles, making her the ideal boat for cruising both inland and coastal waters. Inside and out, the Nordic Tugs 42/44 offers the freedom, security, and comfort to take you just about anywhere you want to go.Electronics
Have not been installed at this time. We suggest the following:Suggested:Garmin 16" Touch Screen Chart Plotter/Sonar Combo Model 7616xsvB60 TransducerGarmin 20 Smart Auto Pilot w/wireless remoteVU Garmin Forward Scanning Sonar w/dedicated transducerStandard Horizon VHF w/AIS receiverGarmin Broadband Radar 18"GSD 24 Advanced Sonar ModuleGHP 20 Reactor w/Smart Auto PilotAdd a new SIDEPOWER® Wireless Remote for your bow and stern thrusterPatented Hull Design
Nordic Tugs are known for their seaworthiness, comfort, stability, and efficiency. These traits are due to her unique hull design. The Company has been designing hulls since 1980 and they have refined semi‐displacement hulls that are fast and fuel efficient. This has resulted in an incredible hull that provides a quiet, comfortable ride. With a single diesel engine, Nordic Tugs gives you the fuel economy of a displacement hull, with speeds far greater than a displacement hull can achieve.
Nordic Hull Characteristics:1. A fine‐entry bow provides a quiet dry ride in adverse weather conditions.2. Her full keel improves tracking and reduces drift when maneuvering.3. Hard chines reduce roll, increase efficiency, and add to the inherently stable ride.4. The molded mid guard adds strength to an already solid hull.5. A flared hull helps keep the boat dry.6. A heavy‐duty stainless‐steel shoe protects the propeller and rudder.7. A round reverse transom adds strength and helps shed water in a heavy following sea.All New Features
The following components of the boat have been replaced and upgraded from her original Nordic Tugs configuration:
All New Features• Deck and non‐skid• Bow push bumper• Delta Bullpit® 300’ BBBHT Chain• Anchor• Llebroc® Tradewinds 52 Helm Chair• Day anchor holder• Windless• Windless foot switches• Bedding on railings• bedding on cleats• Bow and stern freshwater washdowns• All hatches• Refurbished or new port lights• Wiper system with sprayers• LED nav lights• Shore power• Danforth® compass• USB receptacles• Stern and bow thruster controls• Trim tab mods with helm control• Defroster motors• Llebroc® helm chair• Diamond Seaglaze® pilot house doors• Redesigned drier vent to port side versus engine room• Real teak vertical cut interior• Custom teak hanging cabinet in the galley• Custom teak hide‐away trash receptacle• Amtico® teak and holly flooring• Force 10® 3 burner electric stove with oven• Custom cutting board• Stainless‐steel refrigerator and reefer• Brushed stainless faucet set• Freshwater purifier• Teak shelving throughout• 22” UHD television• New and redesigned headliners throughout• New LED lighting inside and out• New teak tables throughout• Improved engine room access• Stainless‐steel ice maker• Soft goods, including bedding, upholstery and pillows• New or reconditioned air conditioning throughout• Wall coverings throughout• Reconfigured guest stateroom with optional bunk (sleeps 2 or 3)• Redesigned cabinetry in guest state room• Washer/Dryer with custom vent• Redesigned nav station access panels• Completely rebuilt head systems in both heads• Custom master stateroom with extra headroom• Showers in both heads• Reconfigured cooling water system• Reconfigured sea strainers• Stainless‐steel water heater• Fresh water system with switchable backup pump• Northern Lights 12 kw generator• Cummins 6C ‐ 430HP@2600 inboard diesel engine• Reconditioned 2 320-gallon fuel tanks including all new hoses, clamps and fittings• Dual Racors® for main engine• Single Racor® for generator• Cutlass• Couplings• Dripless shaft seal• Battery bank, gen 1 31 Series, crank 1‐8D and house ‐ 2 8D• 4D Bow thruster• 4D stern thruster• Charging system with wiring• All through hulls• Bilge pumps• Electric outlets in engine room• Reconditioned Fire Boy® systems• Fire extinguishers• EPIRB• Hosing in engine room• Salt water hosing throughout• Reverso® oil change system• Exhaust hoses for main• Exhaust hoses for generator• Custom teak window molding• Cockpit shower• Custom rub rails and stainless• Completely reconditioned swim platform• PropStandard Equipment
• Color: White Hull w/ flag blue inset & waterline• Structural lamination w/multiple layers of hand laminated knitted fiberglass & resin stringers• Continuous full‐length foam cored hand laminated fiberglass structural stringers• Fasteners All ‐ exterior fasteners 316 SS• Port Lights 7" x14" 316 SS w/screens, hull sides (5)• Bilge Pumps 2000 GPH, in three compartments w/auto/manual switches at helm• Bonding System common bonding zincs on transom plus rudder, shoe and thruster zincs
• Color ‐ white• Deck ‐ Amtico teak and holly flooring throughout• Deck ‐ molded textured surface in walking & work areas• Deck ‐ raised walkaround side decks• Door ‐ hinged transom• Scuppers ‐ cockpit• Anchor Roller Assembly ‐ polished SS• Windlass ‐ 12VDC LOFRANS TIGRES LW400AN, 1200W anchor windlass w/foot controls at bow and remote• control at helm• Bow Bit 316 SS Samson post• Storage Cockpit cabinet w/double doors• Storage Cockpit recessed fender holder• Storage Locking deck hatch to lazarette w/sealing gasket and spring assist lifts• Hand Rails Deck, 11/4"x 30" high, 316 SS bow & stern• Hand Rails 11/4" 316 SS 30" high on salon cabin top (removable starboard) and ladder on port side• Ladder 316 SS open rail w/wide treads from aft deck to boat deck portside• Hand Grabs 316 SS salon roof drains at aft salon corners• Hand Grab 316 SS, two forward of pilot house doors• Windows DIAMOND SEA GLAZE® White powder coated• Doors DIAMOND SEA GLAZE® White powder coated: two sliding pilot house entry and one aft hatch style entry• w/full length half‐drop window and screen• Portlights 10" round 316 SS w/drains in forward cabin (3)• Cleats 12"• cap rail mounted 316 SS mooring cleats (10)• Deck Fittings 316• SS 2" fuel fills (2), SS 11/• 2" water fill, SS 11/• 2" waste suction fitting• Lights Aft deck LED overhead (2) w/switch on fixtures• Inlet Phone/TV dock connection• Pennant Staff receiver in bow rail• Fresh water deck washdown hose bibs fore & aft• Lazarette Vents whitePropulsion/Engine Room
• Engine Single Cummins 6C 8.3L 430HP @ 2,600 RPM electronic Inboard Diesel Engine• Marine Reduction Gear ZF304A @2.558:1• Alternator 100 amp (12V)• Fuel Filter RACOR®• 75/900MAX dual fuel/water separator filter for main engine w/10 micron element• Exhaust 8" dual stage water lift muffler transom exit for main engine• Propeller HUNG SHEN 4 BLADE NiBrAl LH, tuned to class S ISO484 pitch tolerances• Propeller Shaft 2.5” SS w/PSS dripless shaft seal• Seawater Strainers ‐ bronze• Generator Fuel Filter – single 2 micron RACOR®• Oil Change Pump System plumbed to main engine, generator & transmission• SoundDown® Sound Insulation 1.5” Lead Lined and silver mylar finish• High Intensity LED Lights in engine room (8)• Engine Single Cummins 6C 8.3L 430HP @ 2,600 RPM electronic Inboard Diesel Engine• Marine Reduction Gear ZF304A @2.558:1• Alternator 100 amp (12V)• Fuel Filter RACOR®• 75/900MAX dual fuel/water separator filter for main engine w/10 micron element• Exhaust 8" dual stage water lift muffler transom exit for main engine• Propeller HUNG SHEN 4 BLADE NiBrAl LH, tuned to class S ISO484 pitch tolerances• Propeller Shaft 2.5” SS w/PSS dripless shaft seal• Seawater Strainers ‐ bronze• Generator Fuel Filter – single 2 micron RACOR®• Oil Change Pump System plumbed to main engine, generator & transmission• SoundDown® Sound Insulation 1.5” Lead Lined and silver mylar finish• High Intensity LED Lights in engine room (8)• Outlet 110VAC GFCI (2)Heating
• Reverse air cycle heating throughout, 44,000 BTUGalley
• Force 10® 3 burner electric cooktop with oven and custom cutting board• Microwave• Refrigerator/freezer NOVA KOOL RFU9000 AC/DC, 9.1cf• U‐Line® stainless Ice maker• Countertop U‐shaped CORIAN "Sandstone" countertop w/coved backsplash & sea rail• Sink stainless steel, mirror finish undercounter mount double bowl w/ single lever spray extension faucet• Cabinets teak flush face frames & drawer faces; doors & drawers are equipped w/lift release sea locks• Storage Spice rack over stove w/metal restraining bar• Storage Tip out storage in front of sink• Drawers full extension ball bearing tracks & lift lock releases• Lights Overhead, 12VDC LED w/SS bezel (4)• Outlets 110VAC GFCI protected (3)• LED bright light above stove• Exhaust fan and switch• Amtico® teak and holly soleCompanionway
• Desk w/bench seat and under seat storage• Electrical Panels, BLUE SEAS includes AC/DC meters, breakers and generator start panel, above and outboard on desk area• Lights Stair, red LED, in step riser• Lights Overhead 12VDC LED (3), SS bezel with teak baseSalon
• Table Teak top mounted to a Teak wrapped freestanding BENSENZONI T248 pedestal• Cabinet Ice maker Teak with ULINE B195 Teak entertainment center aft port corner w/Corian ® top and includes a 22" flat panel TV• Settee L‐shaped & converts to berth w/storage• Valances Teak• Lights Overhead, 12VDC LED w/SS bezel (7)• Lights LED step lights, red, on each riser• Outlets 110VAC (3)• Outlet Cable TV, in aft port cabinetPilothouse
• Helm seat fixed LLEBROC chair w/slide, footrest and adjustable pedestal, ULTRALEATHER Cloud White fabric• Settee w/teak fixed height table• Aft facing seat forward starboard helm• Vertical cut teak overhead console and valances• Chart table w/drawer, WILSONART Graphite laminate counter top• Engine Control CUMMINS electronic single lever throttle/shift• Engine Instrumentation VDO• Bow & Stern Thruster Control joystick• Compass Danforth® FN203 flush mount• Windshield wipers pantograph style, adjustable speed, self‐park and washer system controls (3)• Windshield defroster• Overhead console for easy electronic installation• Lights Over helm, 12VDC LED (2)• Outlets 110VAC (2)• Power Ports 12VDC (2)• 12VDC terminal block for electronics in overhead console• Hatch overhead 16.5" w/screenForward Master
• Queen‐size berth on center line, storage under Mattress• Drawers flush face, under berth w/lift latches (4)• Hull side storage cabinets• Mirror full length on back of head door• Lights Reading, 12VDC LED, over berth (2)• Lights Overhead, 12VDC LED w/SS bezel (4)• Outlets 110VAC (2)• Outlet TV in hanging locker port and starboard side (2)• Hatch 22" w/screen• Chain locker forward w/sealed access door behind headboardGuest Cabin
• Berth Settee converts to full size berth• Configurable pullman single berth overhead• Cabinet hull side storage w/drawers (4)• Storage Locker forward inboard corner• Outlet 110VAC (1)• Washer/dryer in teak custom cabinet• Custom dryer venting to port side, aft of pilot house door12V DC Electrical System
• Battery Charger MASTERVOLT 12V 50amp 3 outputs• Batteries Start 12V 8D AGM Group31 (2) w/boxes, 250amp hours• Batteries, House & Windless 6V 8D AGM deep cycle (6) w/boxes, 500amp hours• Batteries, Thruster 12V AGM Group31 (2) w/boxes, 200amp hours• Breaker Panel, BLUE SEAS 36position w/LED lights• Master house bank circuit breakers switched on DC Panel• Battery parallel solenoid control switch at helm• Wire marine grade tinned copper throughout110V AC Electrical System
• Generator Upgraded to Northern Lights 12 kW generator, 110VAC w/sound shield, water lift muffler• Shore power connections SMARTPLUG 30A (2), w/50' cords (2), starboard• Breaker panel BLUE SEAS 110VAC w/LED lights• Switches and outlets VIMAR used throughout boatSafety and Mooring Package
• Fire Extinguishing System FIREBOY XINTEX CGin engine room w/auto shut down• Fire Extinguishers, (1) 5 LB and (3) 2 LB• High bilge water alarm sensor mounted in engine room w/audible alarm at helm• Smoke\CO2 detectors in each cabin & central seating area• Horn Dual Electric Light Anchor, 3NM LED, USCG approved• Lights Navigation, LED, USCG approved• Mooring Lights 5/8" x 3 mile (4)• Fenders G5 and lines (4)Tankage
• Fuel tanks 640 gallons in two tanks w/crossover line, shutoff valves, brass push to open valve & sight gauge• Potable water tank 200gallon w/sight tube• Gray water tank 20gallon/76 liter in keel, w/deck pump‐out• Tank monitoring fuel, sight tube on tank and VDO gauge at helm• Tank level monitoring included for fuel, potable water and black waterTransom
• Valves and fitting for autopilot hydraulic pump connectionDimensions
• Length Overall 44' 8" / 13.62m (w/bow roller & boarding platform)• Beam 14'• Draft 4' 7" / 1.40 m• Freeboard at cockpit 4'1" / 1.24 m• Freeboard Amidships, at pilothouse door 4'11" / 1.49• Height from Waterline top to stack top 12' 4" / 3.76m• Displacement Weight 31,400 lbs. / 14,255kg• Headroom Pilot House 6'4" / 1.93m• Headroom Forward Cabin 7'2" / 2.18m• Headroom Salon 6'6" / 1.98mCustom Options
• Shower cockpit• SIDEPOWER® SE100/185T12V stern thruster, 220lb thrust• (Optional Addition) SIDEPOWER® Wireless Remote for bow and stern thruster• AMTICO® flooring throughout all floor surfaces. Including solid teak treads for all steps.• Galley Teak overhead cabinet pass through with two teak doors• Overboard discharge pump (black water).• Generator NORTHERN LIGHTS® 12 kW in lieu of the ONAN® 11.5 kW (plus air conditioning option)• Additional outlet, Phone/TV in Master Stateroom.• Air conditioning package, 115V MARINEAIR®, 3 units, one 12K BTU & two 16K BTU. Includes: 11gallon water• heater & 12 kW genset.• Mid stateroom fixed double bed below, upper bunk appointed fore & aft.• Racor drain valves.• Sliding Pilothouse windows.
|Engine Horse Power||430.00|
|Fuel Capacity Gal||640|
|Fuel Tanks Capacity||2422.66|
|Water Capacity Gal||200|
|Water Tanks Capacity||757.08|
|Max Speed Knots||16|