- 27 m
- $1,974,000 (£1,548,843)
- 7.2 m
- Draft Max
- 2.0 m
- Engine Make
- Draft Min
- 2.0 m
- Engine Model
- M93 Common Rail
- Hull Material
- Engine Count
- Boat Type
- RB Ref
- Denison Yacht Sales
- Contact Name
- Denison Yachting
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- United States of America
- Broker Name
- Russ Schafer
- 001 954.763.3971
About this Johnson Motor Yacht
"Illusion" is a beautiful 87' Johnson that has been updated throughout her life, and is now standing tall with a refit in 2018/2019 and many impressive upgrades. This yacht has never looked so good; if you are in the market for a great value with one of the biggest 87' yachts, feel free to make an appointment and get onboard as she is easy to see in Ft. Lauderdale.
SMALLER TRADES considered.
For starters, she boasts a very generous beam of almost 24' which is wide for vessels of this length and maximizes square footage. She has a spacious interior with a large salon, (4) staterooms, a luxury dining area, alfresco dining aft with enclosed sunshades, a large galley, on-deck day head, and an on deck, full beam master stateroom.
She provides comfortable walkways around the entire exterior from stern to bow. The larger-than-life sun pad will accommodate you and all your guests so you can soak up the sun while sipping cocktails and listening to your favorite island music together.
Fuel Burn is under 10 Gallons per hour at 8 knots .
Key Features: 2019
- Full Hull Pure white Paint Job Completed 2019 at Broward yard
- Updated Air condition Compressors 2020
- Ceramic Coating on Deckhouse and above rub rail
- Two Full-Beam Masters; (4) Ensuite Staterooms
- Crew Quarters with Two Private Ensuite Staterooms, Galley, and Dinette
- All New Soft Goods, Bedding, Updated Decor Throughout, Refinished Interior and Exterior Woods, New Enclosure, Chase lounges, New Flybridge Decking
- 2 Brand New 2019 Wave Runners (5 Hours or Less)
- ABT Hydraulic Bow/Stern 38 HP Thrusters
- Updated Audio/Visuals 6 cameras and Sat Tv
- Aft docking Station
- ABT TRAC FIN Stabilzers
- LED NAMES BOARDS
- Twin 32KW Northern Lights Generators
- Motors have have great care and W4 Completed 2010 at 5000 Hours (less than 500 Hours ago) Engines have run excellant and hit Full RPM . This yacht has cruised most of her life at 10 knots or less and encourage any MTU inspection.
- Oil change/ filters 2019
ILLUSION has had a great history .
While under previous ownership, ILLUSION has been all over the world. She traveled extensively throughout the Mediterranean, transited the Panama Canal and went back and forth to Alaska on her own bottom.
ILLUSION is nicest 87' Johnson. Starting back in 2010 with a previous owner she has undergone continuous beautification. The list of customizations and vessel improvements is endless. Under the name "Clarity" she underwent an extensive refit which left no component or shipboard system untouched. The refit, which cost approximately 800K, was overseen by her full time crew and completed late spring/early summer of 2010. The final phase of this refit was a comprehensive yacht charter certification process conducted by Marshall Islands officials. Below please find a brief rundown of some of her seasonal big projects, upgrades and customizations.
Her 2011 yard period was completed, all maintenance items were addressed. Also as part of this yard period she was outfitted with brand new teak decks (100K) .
2014/2015 UPGRADES and MAINTENANCE
- Full survey conducted 11/14
- Detailed engine survey done 11/14 complete with oil samples, and even an internal BORE SCOPE ! This was less than 500 Hours ago
- W 4 5000 hour engine preventative maintenance services complete, per survey (1/15
- 2011 Teak decks on entire vessel
- Full Hull Paint Job, Fiberglass Work, and Bottom Job at Broward Marine 2019
- Interior Wood Refinished and re.glossed
- New Soft Goods, carpet, chairs recovered , Exterior cushions
- Expansive and Partially Enclosed Flybridge with Hard Top Shading; New Windshield, New Isinglass, (New) Fully Equipped Sit-Down Wet Bar and Stainless Steel Barbecues, Soft Teak Carpeting
- New New Ceiling Panels, LED Lighting in salon , Carpeting
- (4) Sunbathing Teak Chaise Loungers on the Flybridge with New Matching Cushions
- Newly Appointed for Guest Service with All New China, Glassware, Cooking Accessories, etc.
- New Computer
Tenders and Toys:
- (2) Brand New 3-Seater Yamaha EX Deluxe Wave Runners
- (2) New 2-Person Inflatable Kayaks
- (2) New Inflatable Paddle-Boards
- Scuba Compressor Brownies Onboard
- New 20' x 17' Netted Sea Pool
- New Floating Wave Runner Dock
- 4 New Inflatable Tubes
Audio and Visual Equipment 2019
- Satellite Sirius Radio and Pandora
- Full sound System (Salon, Master Stateroom)
- Direct TV Satellite for NEW HD Smart TVs
- C.D. Players Throughout
- Dockside WiFi and Bluetooth Accessible
- Touch Screen Tablets (Salon, Master Stateroom)
- Remote Control Drapes in Salon and Master Stateroom Controller Updated
- New Cameras and DVR with Wi-Fi Export to Any Smart Device
Walking onto the swim platform, underfoot is teak decking with a swim ladder. The name was installed with custom, back lit acrylic "ILLUSION" lettering on three different locations.
- Stainless U-Shaped Rails
- Stern Thruster (Serviced 2019)
- (6) Underwater Lights
- Twin Five-Bladed Nickel Aluminum Bronze Propellers
- Fixed Trim Tabs
- Brackets fro Whips
- Dive Compressor Hook Up
- Cable Master to Port and Starboard Side 100 Amp
- Waste Hookup
- Lighting for Steps
- Passerelle (Inoperative)
- Teak Swim Platform
The teak aft deck of "Illusion" is the second best entertaining space onboard. The layout was designed as a great spot for dining or lounging. There is a new flat screen TV above and two storage cabinets with wood counter tops, a sink, fridge, and ice maker flanking either side of the stainless steel sliding glass doors.
The high gloss wood table has two sections; open in the center so that guests can easily move in and out of the wrap around U-shaped bench seating plus two teak chairs without asking others to slide out of the way. The flybridge deck extends over the aft bench seat and has custom sun/rain curtains so there is more protection from the elements.
There are two stainless gates that protect guests from the accessing teak stairways to the swim platform. There is a molded fiberglass stairway with teak steps to the flybridge and forward access to the bow is easy with covered walk-around side decks. Warping winches at the aft cleats make line handling at the dock easier.
Cockpit Control Station:
- Micro Throttle
- Bow/Stern Thruster Controls
- Cable Master Controls
- Windlass Controls
- Cleats/Hawse Pipes
- Throw Ring
- Two Stainless Steel Gates to Either Side
- JL Audio 10" Subs and Speakers
- Aft Camera (2019) AvyCon
- 8 LED Lights Under Hard Top
- Vizio Flat Screen TV (2019)
The salon entrance is through wide stainless steel sliding glass doors from the aft deck, with even more glass windows above the aft deck cabinets to let in natural light. The room was designed to give a great feeling of space and with such a wide 23'6" beam, the room is massive for an 87 footer. There is a custom overhead design with LED lighting above.
Couches to both port and starboard plus two leather occasional chairs forward give seating for plenty of guests. The windows are large for a great view and to let in natural light, but with the covered side decks the drapes can be open more often, without the sun overheating the area. At the aft end of the salon to one side is a television entertainment center and to the other is a bar over fridge and ice maker.
The formal dining area is partially separated from the salon room to both sides going forward. The table is glass for easy care and there are chairs for eight which were recently redone. Storage cabinets to the forward side port and starboard gives plenty of room for dishes and tableware. New art work and soft goods were installed in 2019.
Walking forward through the salon on the starboard side, you will come into a foyer with granite flooring. To port is a day head with a granite counter top sink. Walking forward of the day head, past the raised pilothouse and the stairs to the lower deck, is the entrance to the on-deck master.Galley
The galley is well appointed on the main deck port side, with its own door to the side deck to make serving meals on the aft deck, bow pad, or the flybridge more convenient. There is also a privacy door from galley to the Salon.
The floor of the galley is in black granite tiles and the counter tops are black and tan granite. The layout has ample counter space for meal preparations for guests and family.
- LG French Two Door Stainless Refrigerator with Ice Maker
- Full Size Stainless Microwave Oven
- Kenmore Elite stainless oven
- Ceramic Cook Top with Four Burners
- Bausch Stainless Dishwasher
- GE Trash Compactor
- Double Stainless Sink
- Plenty of Storage with 14 Cabinets
- Water Maker Control (Sea Recovery)
The raised pilothouse has twin electric Stidd helm seats and great 3-way visibility. There is a table and an L-shaped bench seat for guests to view the ocean ahead while underway, or a place for a quiet lunch. To port is a raised berth for the captain.
- Aft Wall is Storage for all Signal Fags and Organization Drawer Below
- American Bow Thruster and Stern Thruster Controls
- Dual ACR Remote Spotlight Controls
- Fuel and Water Gauges
- Bilge Pump Control Panel with Indicators
- ABT/TRAC Stabilizer Controls
- Dual Remote Windlass Controls
- Digital Engine Displays
- Rudder Angle Indicator
- Raymarine Tridata Depth Sounder
- Wind Speed and Direction Indicator
- Simrad HS52Autopilot and Ap20 Flybridge Screen Needs Updating
- 6" Compass at Both Helms
- Garmin Chart plotter 7612 GPS Plotter with Dual Display Screens with Radar and AIS
- (2) Icom 604VHF Radio with Micro Command Mics at Upper and Lower Helms
- Fire Alarm Monitor Panel
- Closed Circuit Television Camera Selector
- Black Granite Countertops
- Runners over Carpet
The flybridge is an amazing space: the combination of her fiberglass hardtop and wide beam provide an excellent entertaining platform.
Access is from either the fiberglass molded teak covered steps from the aft deck, or from inside from the pilothouse.
To starboard is a high gloss burlwood table with wrap-around bench seating. Across is a full bar with three stainless bars tools. The bar has a sink, refrigerator and ice maker all redone in 2019.
All the soft goods were redone in 2019 along with four new teak custom sun lounge chairs. There are also two new Deluxe Wave Runners by Yamaha.
- Enclosure (2019)
- Flat Screen TV 40" 2019
- MTU Micro Control
- VDO RPM Gauges
- Simrad AP20 Autopilot
- Garmin GPS and Two MFDs
- Command Mic VHF
- Raymarine TriData
- Stabilizer Controls
- Windlass Controls
- Bow/Stern Thruster Controls
- Throttles and Gauges
- Two Cupholders
- Fire Extinguisher
This four stateroom layout includes a stunning on deck master with a 270° forward view, 3 additional guest suites, plus crew quarters for a captain and two crew.
All staterooms are en suite with new bedding, carpet ,decor, and soft goods 2019, complete with flat screen TVs, separate SAT receivers, stereo systems, etc. The full beam VIP stateroom also has a king berth and is as large as most master staterooms on a yacht of this size, which is a great feature for family and guests plus a bonus for charter.
Port Side Guest Stateroom: two berths (both a double and a single for more versatility), custom cabinets and drawers, built-in flatscreen TV with separate satellite tuner, and private ensuite head with shower.
- Built In Seat in Shower
- Window with Cover
- Storage Cabinets
- Marble Flooring
- Sink and Mirror
Stbd Side Guest Stateroom: full size double berth with built in desk and cabinets, flatscreen TV, surround sound and built in custom ceiling speakers., CD/DVD player, large cedar lined closet, full ensuite head and separate shower.
- Built In Seat in Shower
- Window with Cover
- Storage Cabinets
- Marble flooring
- Sink and Mirror
VIP Stateroom: (Second Master): This is a Full Beam VIP stateroom with a king-sized walk-around berth centerline, built in couch to starboard, sit-down vanity, plenty of storage with hanging locker, built in wine cooler in cabinet. This stateroom is the size of most master staterooms on comparable yachts.
- Beautiful Wood Decor
- Vacuflush Head with Marble Flooring .
- Built in Seat in Shower
- Storage Cabinet
- Window with Cover
- Flatscreen TV and DVD
“Illusion” has a master stateroom that’s a designer’s work of art as it takes up the whole forward section of the motor yacht’s main deck from starboard to port. Not only is the master stateroom large, it also boasts a 270 degree panoramic view on port, bow and starboard sides to be viewed by a push of a button for the automated drapes to open and take in the magnificent surrounding vistas.
The master also offers a "42” high definition smart TV( 2019) that rises out of the dresser in front of its oversized king with all new soft goods 2019. Everything is operated from a touch screen keypad inclusive of surround sound audio which can be switched on by another press of the button on your tablet to play your favorite Pandora station, Sirius satellite radio or perhaps you desire streaming your recorded music from your smartphone or iPad via the yacht’s onboard Bluetooth connection. The master suite also supplies a hidden in-wall safe, cedar lined walk in closets, illuminated makeup table, settee bench, desk and a bed with a custom full height white leather headboard with intricate leather ceiling appliqué. The master bedroom leads down two short, curved stairways to an Italian marble luxury bathroom with custom design that boasts his and hers custom sinks and vanities, flanking a large all glass radius shower with a bench. The master bath also houses a separate privacy toilet, and custom lockable closet holds a refrigerator, and coffee maker .
There is custom electric hatch on at the push of a button elevator to access storage and systems.
- (4) Port Hole Windows with Covers
- Master Vanity Storage Behind Glass
- Well Appointed Shower with Seating
- Electric Touch Pad
- Electric Blinds at push of Button
- Central Vac Hookup
- VacuFlush Head
- New LG TV Smart Tv (2019) at a push of a button it raises out of wood cabinet
- SMX AC control
Walking forward through the safe, wide side decks, the first thing you’ll notice about the bow is the enormous sun pad. This area is amazing for entertaining and will definitely be the most popular spot for guests to gather while cruising.
- Bow Thruster
- Two Polished Stainless Steel Anchors with Galvanized Chain and Freshwater Wash Down
- Chain for both
- Twin Hydraulic Windlasses
- Twin 1345 HP MTU 12V2000 Diesel Main Engines
- Twin 32kW Northern Lights Generators Model M984K.3 (4,700hrs; 4,400hrs) UPGRADED to bigger KW when ordered
- Custom work Racks Above Engines
- Blue Line Electronic Monitoring System
- Twin ZF Gear Box ZF 2050A
- Racor Fuel Filters for Engine/Generators with Vacuum Gauges and Alarms
- Hynautic Power Steering
- TRAC 38 HP Hydraulic Bow and Stern Thrusters.
- ABT Digital Stabilzers 6' Length S/S Over
- Overhead Grab Rails
- DC Dome Lights
- Delta "T" Blowers and Moisture Eliminator with LCD Display
- Screen, Thermostatically Controlled
- Two (2) S/S Water Tanks (196 gal) (150 gal)
- High Water Bilge Alarm
- Dockside Fresh Water Inlet
- CO2 Fire Extinguishing System Sea Fire FM200
- Twin Day Fuel Tanks (Port and Starboard) with Sight Gauges
- Forward and Aft Fuel Tanks
- Reverse-O Oil Change System
- Fuel Transfer Pump with Counter
- Cruise Air Chilled Water A/C System (Two 5 Ton Chillers)
- 46,000 BTU Unit
- 39,000 BTU Unit
- 51 200 BTU Unit
- 31,800 BTU Unit
- 22,400 BTU Unit
- SeaRecovery Water Maker with Freshwater Flush
- Head Hunter Tidal Wave Sewage Treatment System
- 150 Gallon Holding Tank (Main)
- 45 Gallon Holding Tank (Crew)
- 110 V Fluorescent Lights
- Two Stainless Water Heaters (Torrid 30 Gallon)
- 8D Mounted Batteries Main Engine Batteries (Replaced 4/2019)
- Dolphin Battery Chargers (24V 30A and 24V100A); Pro-Mariner ProTech 12V 30A)
- Inverter - Xantrex Freedom 25
- Shore Power Inlet 100Amp 208VAC on Cable Master
- Tool Boxes
- Rod Holders
- Exhaust Blankets and Maintenance by Metcalfe Marine Exhaust (2010)
- Entire Engine Room Completely Painted in White Awlgrip (2010)
- Diamond Plating Installed Throughout (2010)
- Delta T Variable Speed Air Intakes
- RCI Fuel Polishing System
- Racor Fuel Filters
- Emergency Fire Suppression System
- TRAC Digital Hydraulic Stabilization System (2) 6sq ft Fins
- Hydraulic Fluid Reservoir for TRAC Stabilizers, Bow and Stern Thrusters
- Cruise Air Chilled Water Air Conditioning System
- All Chillers Serviced and Painted
- Sea Recovery 800 GPD Water Maker
- (2) Torrid 30 gal SS Hot Water Heaters
- Mach 5 AC FW Pump
- Headhunter DC FW pump
- Reverse Oil Changing System
- Hynautic Power Steering w/ PTO on Each Engine
- Aquamet 17 3.5” Shafts
Crew quarters can be entered through a port side on deck door, or from a door from the swim platform. The crew area has a crew mess with complete galley including microwave, two refrigerators with ice maker, glass counter top with sink, stove and a Samsung TV overlooking a booth style table and settee.
Two cabins; one for captain with double-size berth and private full head. The Second crew room has two bunks . Each room has their own head and shower.
There is also a Bosch washer and dryer and Captain's safe. Aft of the crew area are two storage spaces to port and starboard with :
- Brownies Dive Compressor
- Extra Boarding Supplies
- Power Cords
- Extra Lines
- Fender Guards
|Cruising Speed||14 knots|
|Drive Transmission Description||Direct|
|Engine Horse Power||3100.0|
|Fuel Tanks Capacity||10409.88 liters|
|No of Heads||7|
|Holding Tanks Capacity||757.08 liters|
|Max Speed Knots||18|
|Water Tanks Capacity||1514.16 liters|