- 8 m
- Engine Make
- Full Keel
- Engine Model
- Hull Material
- Engine Count
- Boat Type
- RB Ref
- United Kingdom
About this FRANCES 26
As a double-ended coastal cruiser, the Frances 26 was made for fast, simple sailing. Chuck Paine, her designer, created the first version of the Frances 26 for his own personal use and embodied everything he knew about the design of efficient cruising yachts.
"Bluegrass" has been well proven in current ownership, and single-handed in a number of tough offshore races. Her incredibly high ballast ratio (54%), sea-kindly hull and safe cockpit provide security in a Sea that only a very small percentage of yachts can offer.
Now located ashore at Swanwick Marina and available for immediate viewing. Part exchange considered.
- Boat Name: BLUEGRASS
- Year: 1983
- Builder: Victoria Yachts
- Designer: Chuck Paine
- Engine: Beta 11hp diesel
- Location: Swanwick Marina
- LOA: 26 ft 0 in / 7.92m
- LWL: 21 ft 3 in / 6.49m
- Beam: 8 ft 0 in / 2.43m
- Draft: 3 ft 10 in / 0.94m
- Displ: 3,084 kg
- Beta 11hp diesel engine
- Cruising speed: 11.112kph
- Shaft drive with fixed 2-blade propeller
- Fuel capacity: 68 litres
- Water capacity: 68 litres
- 2 x 12v batteries
- Aluminium Proctor mast
- Sloop rigged
- Manual windlass new in 2012
- CQR anchor and small kedge anchor
- Boarding ladder
- Haslar Gibbs wind vane self steering system
- Beaching legs
- Slab reefing mainsail refurbished in 2012
- Paul Newell headsail new in 2012
- Cruising Chute
- Storm jib
- Sun Awning
- Mainsail cover
- Sleeps 4 persons
- Double berth forward
- 2 x single berths
- Saloon seating and table
- Galley with Plastimo gas cooker with 2 x burners and grill
- Navigation station with instrumentation
- Separate heads compartment with manual marine w.c.
- Steering compass
- Speed / log
- VHF DSC radio
- AIS Transceiver
- Fire blanket
Selling Your Boat
Selling Your Boat?
- DO YOU HAVE A BOAT YOU WISH TO SELL?
- Then why not get her listed with us at Swanwick & take advantage of the following:
- Huge Free internet presence with full boat listing & pictures until sold
- Experienced staff available everyday including weekends
- Excellent location within the River Hamble for accessing boats for sale
- Sale handled completely by Sea Ventures staff right through to completion. Huge group data base of customers looking for your boat
- Your boat will be listed on our website plus Yachtworld.com, Boatshop24.co.uk, Boatshop24.com, boats.com, The YachtMarket.com, Rightboat.com, EYB, BoatsandOutboards etc etc
- To obtain your ‘Sellers Pack’ please call us!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
It is not guaranteed that the safety gear listed on the specification comes within the manufacturer's safety guidelines i.e. expiry dates and servicing and is therefore sold as is.
Directions To Sea Ventures Swanwick
By Car from M27 coming from the West:
- Leave M27 at junction 8, and turn right at the roundabout at the bottom of the slip road, signposted Hamble A3024
- At the next (Tesco) roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A27/Providence Hill
- Continue for about 1.0 mile then turn right into Swanwick Marina at traffic lights.
By Car from M27 coming from the East:
- Leave M27 at junction 9, and turn left at the roundabout at end of slip road
- Turn right at next roundabout, signposted Hamble A27
- Continue along A27 for about 3 miles, turn left into Swanwick Marina at traffic lights. Sea Ventures are in an office overlooking the marina
Nearest station is Bursledon on the Southampton – Portsmouth line
Nearest mainline is Southampton Airport on the main London – Southampton line