- 7.9 m
- 2.2 m
- Tax Status
- Tax Paid
- Draft Max
- 1.2 m
- Draft Min
- 1.2 m
- Engine Make
- Full Keel
- Engine Model
- Hull Material
- Engine Count
- Boat Type
- RB Ref
- United Kingdom
Get an instant finance quote for this boat - click here
About this Folk Boat 26
Boats for sale UK. Classic Folk boat of Carvel hull finish for sale, this 26 foot Folkboat is of mahogany on oak construction by Shepherds of Windermere in 1970, but completely rebuilt 2010 from keel up after 40 year layup!. She has had love and professional attention lavished on her since and benefits from recent Yanmar 10 hp marine diesel. Cover picture of her on Classic Boat and feature article. Aluminium gold anodised spars. Complete rebuild by Adrian Donovan, Suffolk boat builder October 2010, survey is available when viewing. All servicing receipts etc Basically a 9 year old craft with only the original keel plate the rest new, very light use. Ashore winter cover.
- Sliding companionway hatch leads to steps down into this charming interior.. Linear single berths on port and starboard sides with a V berth in forward cabin via small corridor formed by marine head compartment to starboard and a large hanging locker with lower stowage holding.
- Steps lead from saloon out to a good size cockpit via the engine box with removable top and front for access.
- Linear galley to starboard adjacent to companionway.
- Switchgear and Icom 1G VHF with DSC on portside bulkhead adjacent to companionway.
- Light brown recent fabric upholstery seats. Stowage under seating and hull cave lockers too.
- Beamed cabin roof adds vintage feel and style. The craft has a good well looked after charm and recent interior lights complete this impression.
- As new Clock, barometer, hydrometer set.
- Completer rebuild and 4 page article in Classic Boat Jan 2011. (copy for perusal)
- 2 x automatic bilge pumps.
- 1 x manual bilge pump.
- Life bouy
- Radar reflector.
- Hull is Carvel laid mahogany on oak, varnish finish to hull and joinery topsides.
- Note a post rebuild survey report is available for viewing..
- Running Rigging 6 years old.
- Standing Rigging 6 years old.
- Alloy spars
- Topping lift, 2015.
- Genoa, Storm Jib, Mainsail all original and serviced regularly, but virtually unused as craft layed up for 40 years, until major refit and re build 2 years ago.
- New guard wires and stanchions 2014.
- Plastimo bulkhead compass in cockpit
- Clipper Depth, Speed and log instrument head also bulk head mounted on opposite port side of the cockpit/ Long wood tiller.
- Navigation lights.
- Garmin GPS 72H
- Navico VHF.
- Full instrument switchboard in saloon.
- VHF ICOM 1G -M411 dsc.
- Yanmar Marine diesel 10hp. to shaft.
- 25 feet, 4 berths carvel built Folk Boat commissioned in 1970 by Shepherds of Windermere.
- Restoration years: 2010/2011
- Shortlisted for ‘Restoration of the year’ award shortlist (6 pages in Classic Boat Magazine January 2011 and on front cover)
- Was bought 19/08/2014 and restored over 2 years by Adrian Donovan (Suffolk Boat builder)
- Traceable previous owners
- Survey available by Brown and Overbury in July 2010
- SSR144207 registered up to 21/07/2020
- Registered with the Folkboat Association as Viking Bird 509
- Original Albin petrol engine was replaced by a Yanmar 10 HP diesel engine.
- Equipped with all modern facilities: GARMIN GPS 72H + VHF + lights, etc
- Carvel construction mahogany on oak
- Cockpit roof was completely rebuilt and whole boat made seaworthy with aluminium mast fitted.
- Sail area: 258 sqft
- Original sails available although main sail in need of TLC
- "Open to Offers" - All reasonable offers will be considered
|Drive Transmission Description||Direct|
|Engine Horse Power||8.0|
|No of Heads||1|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade, Other|