- Tax Status
- Tax Paid
- Boat Type
- South East, Portsmouth
- RB Ref
- United Kingdom
Get an instant finance quote for this boat - click here
About this RYA Powerboat Level 2 Course
At ’JBT Marine Powerboat Training’ we believe the best way to learn anything is to do it, which is why the vast majority of this course is based out in the sunshine* with you behind the wheel of our RIB.
Having an RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate has numerous benefits with Insurance companies, Marinas and local harbour authorities because it is generally seen as ’the powerboat driving license’ for open speedboats, RIBS and Powerboats which are going to be used in; fair conditions, by day and insight of land.
The courses syllabus includes:
• Slow speed boat handling
• Berthing in various conditions and different techniques
• Safety equipment onboard
• Passage planning
• High Speed boat handling
• And much, much more....
If you want to learn beyond the RYA Powerboat Level 2 Course, such as lengthy passage planning or night navigation please see our RYA Intermediate Powerboat Course or RYA/MCA Advanced Powerboat Course.
The RYA Powerboat Level 2 course is run over two days (usually 0930 to 1700), though we can arrange courses run over 3 or 4 shorter days to suit you. If you are travelling from far afield JBT Marine is ideally placed with a Premier Inn and Marriot Hotel less than 5 minutes away. For more information on transport and accommodation please click here
Scheduled dates for the course are available here however if you require a specific date or a short notice course this can be arranged by calling - Click here to reveal phone number -
• The RYA Powerboat Level 2 Course is aimed at beginners so there are no pre-requisites.
• It is a requirement of the RYA that participants are at least 12 years old, certification awarded to any participant under 16 will be endorsed "Not to be in charge of a powerboat unless under the supervision of a responsible adult".
Included in the Course:
• Use of the training RIB - Click here to see the fleet
• Fuel and mooring cost at the home marina
• Tea, Coffee and Squash.
• Waterproofs - Free of Charge
• RYA Certification and Handbook
• RYA Powerboat Log book to keep track of you new qualifications
• Mooring charges away from the home marina if lunch is taken off site at all (usually around £5 between all students)
• International Certificate of Competence license (Around £40)
• RYA Membership
If you have any questions about the courses we offer or would like to book a place please call us on - Click here to reveal phone number - r email - Click to contact - .
Is JBT Marine Training for me?
JBT Marine has been running since the turn of the century and as such we believe we have accumulated a great knowledge base which we would like to share. Our courses are run by a handful of highly qualified instructors, many of which are full time staff.
We believe the best way to learn is in a relaxed environment where you can ask any questions or practice any maneuver until you are 100% happy with it. For you this means if come to us for a shore-based course we will have a maximum of 6 - 8 people per instructor, for a practical course we will adapt the tuition around you and your personal needs and we can even train you on a boat specific to your needs.
All of our training is carried out in one of our training rooms on site and practical courses use an up to date training RIB with Colour GPS and Depth Sounder, Hydraulic steering, electric start engine and secure seating for all onboard.
We also offer ladies only courses and practical group courses for up to 9 people between various craft giving you that all important experience in different boats.
To book - Call - Click here to reveal phone number - r email us at - Click to contact -
*Sunshine is not guaranteed with the course (but we will try)